Discovery

Danny watched Vlad nervously as he stared at him from across the table. A long, intense silence passed, in which Danny chewed hi bottom lip in anxiety. Finally Vlad cleared his throat, and began to speak.

"Well, we'll have to try other things then." he said. Danny furrowed his brow in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"We'll have to diagnose the exact problem. There's a reason your ectoplasmic levels are rising, and we'll just have to find out why. In the meantime, try not to use your powers as much as possible or it might speed it up." Danny nodded in understanding and picked up his bowl, no longer very hungry and placed it in the sink.

"How're we going to diagnose it?" Danny asked, arching an eyebrow.

Vlad shook his head "I guess we'll have to draw samples and test them for different things and examine them. Things such as that." Danny nodded.

"I drew a few samples yesterday, they're in the cabinet with all the test tubes in the back. We can start with those." Danny suggested.

"Sounds good. The sooner the better." Vlad replied, standing and placing his things in the sink as well and heading toward the study where the entrance to his lab was hidden.

After they got down to he lab and had the samples and microscope set up, they began testing. Vlad carefully placed a drop of Danny's blood on a slide and slid it under the scope. Using the pins to hold it in place, he focused the scope and peered through the lens. He used the knobs to adjust it a little until he could see the molecules in his blood. "Hmm... your blood is doing something different from mine or Dani's." He said, standing up so Danny could take a look.

"What's that?" Danny asked, sliding the scope in front of him and peering into the lens.

"The ectoplasm molecules are attaching themselves to your blood molecules and are trying to bind with them." Vlad explained, leaning against the counter and rubbing his pointer finger and thumb along his jaw in thought.

"Huh?" Danny asked, straightening and looking at Vlad with a quizzical look. Vlad sighed.

"Your ectoplasm is trying to take over your blood." He said, dumbing it down enough for the boy.

"Oh! Sorry, ghost hunting distracted me from school before..." Danny smiled sheepishly. Vlad chuckled.

"I'm aware, and it's fine."

"So...what does it mean it'll do to me?"

"Well... your ectoplasm seems stronger than your blood, so it will more than likely win and replace your blood. Making you a-"

"Full time ghost." Danny said, nodding. "Is there any way to give my blood a boost or to separate the two? Without removing my ghost half..."

Vlad sighed. "I'm not sure... we'll have to do experiments with samples of your blood but there's no guarantee anything will work." Danny nodded.

"But Daniel, if it comes down to you being human or ghost, I will remove your ghost half." Vlad said seriously. Danny's eyes widened in alarm.

"Vlad, no. That can't happen, trust me. You have no clue what will follow if you do that."

"Danny, I'd rather you be human than a ghost. And what do you mean follow?" Vlad questioned, arching a eyebrow and crossing his arms. Danny sighed.

"It's a long story... I'll tell you it if you have the time." Vlad nodded, signaling him to explain. "Well... A year ago, I met the ghost Clockwork." Danny began the long story of his alternate self that is trapped outside of time