Negative Effects

Danny and Vlad arrived back home, and Vlad transformed into his human half since Plasmius was only at half power. Danny sat down on the couch, pulling out the syringe from his pocket and rolling it between his palms absentmindedly. "They were about to try and open me up, literally." He said quietly, still a little shocked by that. He supposed he shouldn't have been, considering how they had tried to kill him, but he just couldn't wrap his mind around it.

"I'm sorry, Danny." Vlad said, sitting down next to him and placing a hand on his shoulder. "But I have to know... The night I found you, "I...thought you were dead. I couldn't bear it, so I took you home where I discovered you were barely alive. What happened that night Daniel? Why were your parents trying to kill you, even in human form?" Danny stared up into the glistening red eyes.

"My parents found out my secret. I told them because I thought that they were ready... they claimed that I was no longer their son, and that had changed when I became Phantom... then they started to shoot at me... I couldn't get out quickly enough." He explained quietly.

"I'm so sorry, Daniel... I never would have thought that they would do that to you. I always thought that they would accept you."

"Me too... at least I made it out alive though."

Vlad nodded and glanced at the syringe. "We should probably go ahead and administer the cure." He said, taking the syringe. Danny nodded and stood, heading for the lab with Vlad behind him. "We'll use some of your ectoplasm to test it before administering it." Vlad started to set the test up when Danny spoke up.

"No, that's the last dose and we've seen how it interacts with humans and with ectoplasm already. Let's just administer it."

"Danny, I wouldn't-"

"If we don't administer that dose now and use it for testing, then we won't have any left to give me to fix me. Let's just do it." Danny said, cleanning a small section of his arm. Vlad sighed and walked over, easily and quickly injecting it into Danny's arm. A moment passesas Vlad starts to clean up the syringe and needle, when suddenly Danny gasped and clutched onto a counter tightly, his skin was pasty and he looked sick.

"Danny?" Vlad asked, immediately worried and walking over to him.

"T-They injected me w-with something... m-must have left residue..." Danny managed to say, eyes squeezed tightly shut.

"The cure must be having a negative reaction with it.." Vlad said, extremely worried and upset that Danny hadn't mentioned that. "Let's go upstairs, you need to lie down." He said, picking Danny up since the boy most likely couldn't walk on his own in this state. He carried him upstairs and laid him down on the sofa, and felt his forehead. When he realized that Danny was burning up, he went and got a damp cloth. He placed it on Danny's forehead. "Stay with me, Danny." Vlad murmered, focused on keeping Danny's temperature low and keeping him awake. Danny's eyes closed anyway though, and he slowly lost consiousness.