Revelation

The next morning when Danny woke up, he rolled out of bed lazily and walked down to the kitchen. He grabbed a bowl, a box of cereal and the milk and sat down at the table. Pouring the cereal and milk in a bowl, he began to eat. He glanced up when Vlad came in the kitchen with the morning paper, and began making his coffee, but didn't say anything. Still a little embarrassed over last night's event.

Once Vlad was done making his coffee, he sat down at the kitchen table and began sipping his coffee. After a few minutes, he stopped mid sip and stared at an article.

"What is it?" Danny asked, growing concerned.

Vlad put his cup down slowly and slid the paper across the table to Danny slowly. Danny picked it up.

"Youngest Fenton child missing? They labeled me as missing!?" Danny exclaimed. Vlad merely nodded, lost for words. "Why would they do that? I thought they hated me..." Danny asked, rhetorically. He trailed off, burrowing his eyebrows.

Vlad cleared his throat. "I've meant to ask you something about that Danny." Danny shifted his gaze up to Vlad, with a questioning look in his eyes.

"Danny, you almost died that night. It scared the hell out of me... what happened? Did you and your parents get in a fight?"

Danny set the paper down. "Well... kind of. I revealed my secret to them...they got mad at me... and didn't take it well over all." Danny explained quietly. Vlad's eyebrows rose in understanding.

"They tried to kill you...because you're part ghost?"

"Yes and no..." Danny said, looking down.

"What do you mean?"

"Vlad, there's a reason I told them that night. You know I wouldn't do it unless it was a last resort. I told them then because... I'm dying Vlad. My ectoplasm level is rising. I've monitored it and doing what I can while you aren't around here or your lab...but it's not enough. I estimate I have about six months left. I'm going to die, Vlad."