We're gonna need more men

We slammed the door of the warehouse shut and I called out. "Roman, we're back" The snarky voice called back from across the room out of sight.

"Did you pick up the groceries?" We made our way over to the centre where he was hunched over the planning table as usual. "Very funny, but me and Neo have something much better" Neo laid out the plans we'd map out on the table and Roman rubbed his hands together. 

"Perfect"

"When do we get started?"

"As soon as possible" A voice rang out from above us. My heart dropped, recognising the voice, I threw Roman a quick accusatory glance and he shrugged nervously. I looked up at Cinder.

"Wonderful to see you again, where's your two little friends?" 

She started moving over to the steps and walking down to us.

"They're doing what's been asked of them, as I hope you are doing" Neo gestured her hand to our map of dust shops. Cinder walked over and looked over it before addressing us again. "Good, begin at once. And Roman. Play nice with our new friends, Adam Taurus has been so kind to lend them to us"

"Kind is the last word I'd use to describe that red headed edge lord, Crass and spiteful maybe" Roman said. Cinder stepped towards him.

"Just do what you and your friends do best. Don't waste this opportunity Roman. I have other preparations to take care of, I'll return and check in on you when I'm done, don't disappoint me" With that she turned and sauntered away, leaving the three of us to carry out our next move.

"She's just a barrel of laughs isn't she" Roman groaned, turning his attention back to the map.

"Well she said one good thing, this is what we do best, so lets do it"

"Can't argue with that, just hope this goes a little smoother then the last two jobs"

"Hey, me and Neo were flawless" I looked to Neo for confirmation, she lifted a flat palm and wobbled it in a 'so-so' motion. "Great vote of confidence ice cream killing machine" She grumpily folded her arms. "So, we start tonight?"

Roman shook his head. "Better to let a little heat die down before we start our actually successful run of robberies"

"Yeah I guess that makes sense. Don't want people to get used to us before we make a grand entrance"

"Exactly. For now, we plan it out and pray that these mongrels are halfway decent"

Time Skip-

I stood atop my solitary hill yet again, feeling the very last evening rays leave my face as the chill of night slowly began to roll in. Everything over the past couple days had happened so fast, this was the only time I really got to think. How mental the situation was. And yet standing by Roman and Neo through this madness felt completely natural, I couldn't think of anywhere else I'd rather be then on this thing with them. I liked the reflection though, my alone time on that hill was a godsend, then more then ever. I could let down my guard, just be peaceful. That was until and obnoxious voice called out from somewhere behind me.

"Sun's down loner, usually people go to sleep now"

It wasn't a voice I recognised. Gruff, harsh, late thirties, male. "Some people prefer the night" I returned, without turning to face him. I heard him crunching through the leaves towards me.  

"Well sometimes their are people who want those people to get out of the way"

"Are you one of those people?"