Everything's coming together

I awoke to the feeling of sharp pain as Neo slapped me hard in the face.

"A gentle nudge or smelling salts would have worked just fine Neo"

She patted my cheek before yanking me to my feet. We were on a rooftop from what I could tell. No idea how Neo had dragged me all the way up here but I wasn't really about to question it. The streets below were packed and I could only imagine the carnage that must have ensued when the Grimm broke into the city. Although with all the auras down there acting calmly it seemed like the situation had been handled. I couldn't have been out for to long.

"So much for the plan I guess. What exactly have we achieved?"

Neo shrugged. But then noticed something and pointed. I followed her finger and there was Roman, being taken onto a ship by Emerald and Mercury. 

"Well thats one thing that goes to our benefit. I'm sure he'll be fine" I chuckled. "So now what do we do?" 

Neo beckoned for me to follow. We hopped down the metal ladders down to ground level and made our way back to the werehouse to check on how the clearing out had gone.

Completely empty. 

"This is kinda creepy........but seriously what now?" Neo shrugged again. I sighed deeply "Guess we just wait until we're told what to do........not like we can skip town. Brothers, I hate everything about this"

Me and Neo stood in silence for a few moments then she started heading for the exit. Stopping for a moment to look at me. I didn't know what she was looking at but she placed a hand on my shoulder. Leaned up and......kissed me on the cheek. Then she was gone, skipping out into the evening. Leaving me there paralysed. My cheek tingled as I put my fingers up to lightly touch it. And smiled.

I stood on my hilltop. Feeling the days final rays of light fall on my face. So much had changed in so little time. All the ships would be arriving any day now. thousands of people from all over Remnant coming to take part in the grand spectacle that is the Vytal festival. And after this years tournament.

Nothing in Remnant would ever be the same again.