The chase

We barreled through the wall, killing my ears in the process, and I clung on for dear life as we went hurtling down and through barren streets. I felt my way to the head of the mech and steadied myself. Roman was still managing to stay hot on their tales as they leapt rooftop to rooftop.

Eventually more auras came into range of sense, but they were moving so fast, I couldn't get a read on any because they just kept zooming by, I quickly figured out what was up when the mech crashed down and I immediately heard horns blaring and screeching tires.

"Are we on the freaking highway?"

"Yeah but I'd like to see traffic control try and stop us"

The cat and her friend were apparently, from what I could tell, roof hopping between cars. Roman on the other hand took a little more of a direct charge approach. I heard the distinctive roar of a non car engine, definitely a motorcycle, pulling up next to us with two auras I didn't recognize.

"Roman, more company"

I could hear him grunt and then the mech shift as if it put its head down, like a charging bull.

"What the hell?"

But the horns firing overhead clued me into Romans plan. The bike behind us swerved in order to avoid the storm of cars raining down on them. "A little excessive mate, and I don't think its working"

"WELL THEN WHY DON'T YOU DO SOMETHING USEFUL!" Roman fired back with fury on his tongue. Roman never lost his temper like this. These kids had righteously pissed him off. The aura on the back of the bike stood up and pulled something dust powered off his back. Blazes of dust energy flew through the air, two of em plowing into the back of the mech and I only barely managed to batter the third a little more to the side, throwing me backwards and I almost tumbled onto the bloody road. The kid then sprung into the air and the shape of his weapon changed into some kind of extended spear or glaive. He brought it down and I threw my cane up overhead to stunt the blow, before quickly sweeping his legs. He barely scrambled back up and swung at me again, I ducked (Matrix style) before taking a few more swings, both of us trying not to lose our balance.

I picked up on two weird energy signatures, like auras but not auras. I barely had time to process before they slammed right into the mech, causing me to collapse backwards and only just grabbed my cane as the kid righted himself and stabbed down, missing my head and jamming his weapon in. I could feel another aura heading our way as the kid with the cat jumped for us.

"For the love of-"

I kicked the legs of this kid on the mech and Roman took advantage, swinging round so this guy went flying through the air and collided with the other kid. Leaving me clinging to the side, attempting to catch my breath.

"One problem solved" Roman spat, but with a hint of malicious joy, soon cut short as another aura landed on the road ahead of us and an explosion of ice dust covered the road.

"And another one arises" I groaned as I felt the whole mech keel over and flip, it took all I had not to let go and cover my eardrums. We fell through open air for a couple of seconds until the mech planted itself, somehow still upright. Me on the other hand, I ended up sprawled on the floor aching all over, I could feel my own aura screaming. Four auras stood a few feet away from us.

The cat, the ice girl, motorcycle girl and little red.

I pulled myself to my feet. Me and Roman done playing games.

"FREEZERBURN" It was little reds easily recognizable, high pitched voice. Another explosion of ice dust as motorcycle girls golden aura leapt into the air and came crashing down. I could tell from the hissing and the sound of scanners activating that a smoke screen had gone up and Roman was blind. Me on the other hand, I smiled to myself.  Cause right now? I didn't need eyes.