Thinking ahead

I love watching her fight. Well......kind of 'watching'. She's such a god damn performer.  We'd always conducted our business in the shadows but I felt like getting to kick ass in front of a crowd of hundreds was newly exhilarating for her. I wouldn't miss this show for the world. Even with the splitting headache I knew I would come away with, it was worth it. It was all like a dance to her, every movement was deliberate, she never went reckless, she just knew she was good enough to be cocky. 

Neo was definitely the main attraction but even an asshole as stubborn as me and as blind as me could see that the other three were no joke. Mercury was vicious and calculated, he had been taught to go for the kill. Emerald was tactical and careful, she stayed away from all the hard hits, she had learnt to survive. And Cinder. It was hard to see behind her cold arrogance, But there was pure burning hatred in every bone shattering kick and nerve severing punch. Hatred for people in their entirety. These poor shits they were up against didn't stand a chance. 

They got absolutely trashed. One kid got her bell rung by Mercury, Cinder demolished two others and the final one got put to sleep courtesy of a head stomp from Neo.

The crowd erupted into applause that I felt straining my eardrums. Through gritted teeth and buzzing headache I looked out to the platform as the four of them soaked up a bit of the crowd. Neo turned towards my direction and I took my hands away from my ears to join in the applause with a slow clap, hoping she saw me. I couldn't take the noise anymore so I slipped away through the small crowds milling about on their way to seats or back from the food stalls and bathrooms. As I stuck to the wall to avoid attention I almost froze when I heard a voice that I felt I had heard somewhere before.

"Hey Yatsu, does that guy look familiar? He looks kinda like the guy at the dust shop that one night before term"

A second voice met my ear as I kept walking away, casually as possible. It was female, slightly higher pitched, with an accent.

"The guy and the girl who robbed the store at night?"

"Yeah they got away somehow, illusions or something" Said the first voice.

If I couldn't have identified it on my own, that girl spelled it out for me. Lucky I slipped away when I did because they didn't seem to be following me once I got out of earshot. I hoped to brothers the risk of watching Neo perform was worth it, if I got recognized it could jeopardize the whole plan. Then I would have to answer to an enraged Cinder and just the thought of that made me shudder. I had to know who I was actually dealing with here. They were obviously students and students aren't to difficult to find out information about. Time to pay a visit to a good friend of mine.

(Time skip)

"So first you want me to create fake student ID's and now you want me to get up existing student ID's?"

"If anyone can do it well its you Marron"

"Flattery isn't your strong suit"

I dropped the stupid grin "Ok look, I just need to know who these kids are, in case they end up being an issue"

Marron let out an exasperated sigh "Alright, just cause this isn't technically illegal" He opened up his system "Whats the name of these kids group"

"I don't know but one of them was called Yatsu"

Marron typed away and scrolled a little "Yatsuhashi Daichi?" 

"Is he seven foot 5 and built like a brick shithouse?"

"Yep"

"That's him. What team is he on?"

A few more clicks of the keyboard.

"Team CFVY. Coco Adel, Fox Alastair, Velvet Scarlatina and Yatsuhashi Daichi. Pretty great grades between them all, in their second year, they're apparently pretty damn talented"

"I was afraid of that" I muttered "They were pretty good when I fought em"

"I don't even wanna know"

I smirked "Print this out, might come in handy to keep this information close"

Another half grunt half sigh from Marron.

"Pleeeease" I added. I heard the printer start running and clapped him on the back. "Good man"

I bid my fond farewells to Marron and Jade before heading back to HQ. When I got there it was filled with the usual bustling activity and when I made my way to the centre it looked like everyone had got back from the festival. As I approached I heard Mercury call out "And where the hell have you been? Wandering into walls while you look for your cane?"

I gave a sarcastically pleasant smile "Actually I was wandering around fixing future problems" I handed the printed sheets to Cinder.

"And whats this may I ask?"

"A problem. These kids saw me and Neo awhile back, and they almost recognized me just now up on the stadium"

Emerald spoke up "What? Why were you even up there, you had no reason"

"Oh I just so love watching four of my favorite people kicking ass" I retorted with a glare.

Emerald righted herself before speaking again "So, cover blown?" She asked hesitantly.

"No, they didn't see me for long enough" I assured him, "But me, or Neo may not be so lucky next time"

Cinders cool tones slithered through my whole body as she spoke "It wouldn't be an issue if you hadn't allowed yourselves to be seen in the first place"

Neo folded her arms and I could tell she was glaring in Cinders direction. "Hey it was on your missions for dust retrieval, we were just doing as told"

"Like good little pups" Mercury jeered. Leading to a thin umbrella blade being placed to his throat. I couldn't help but smile. 

"Careful Merc, these pups bite"

"Enough" Cinder cooed and Merc gently pushed the blade from his neck. I could actively feel his glare burning through me. "This is a small obstacle but easily remedied" Cinder continued . "Mercury and Emerald are already scheduled to go ahead in the tournament, so Neo or you will have no reason to be on the stadium until needed. And if team" She looked at the papers "CFVY are to busy nursing injuries then they will not be thinking to notice anyone in a passing glance"

Mercury cracked his knuckles and Emerald turned to me "It'll be our pleasure to fix your mistakes"

I smirked. "Cleaning up others messes. Like a good Janitor" I saw Neo raise a hand to her mouth in silent chuckle. Mercury stepped forward almost growling but Neo came inbetween us

"Phew is it just me or is it getting HOT in here" I chuckled awkwardly "Why don't me and my  wonderful little partner go out and enjoy the beautiful midday air" I put an arm around mine Neo's shoulder, ushering her away from the volatile Mercury. "Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on her, and make sure us kids don't get into any trouble" As we walked away I muttered under my breath. "Lets not have him erupt just yet my little spitfire" Neo folded her arms and sulked. "Hey" I whispered. "You were amazing up there" A few moments with no response before she gave me a little bump with her hip.

It was only when we walked back out into the sun of Vale that I noticed. Neo hadn't taken away my arm from around her shoulders. I smiled as we walked in perfect sync. Umbrella and cane clacking on the ground in unison.

Well that was quite the hiatus. So so sorry everyone that it took me this long to update the story. Everything just tends to get ahead of me, really must work on my time management. But thank you so much for your patience. Volume 3 is underway so things should be building up to that grand finale within the next few chapters and I hope you're looking forward to it as much as I am. As always thank you all so much for reading, I love and appreciate every one of you. This story has more views and votes then I could have ever imagined I would get so sincerely, thank you for all the support