Time fly's when you're having fun

What a difference just a few months makes. White fang had just kept coming in, bigger numbers then any gang we'd ever had. Vale was in hysterics over the robbing sprees. The whole town wrapped around our finger. With the exclusion of Cinder dropping in from time to time to threaten us, things were getting back to how they were in the good old days. Thieves and scumbags doing what we do best, sitting on a pretty substantial pile of dust. Only downside is when I remembered it wasn't for us. I could enjoy the work in the meantime but the thought always creeped back in that we were working for whoever Cinder was working for. And if Cinder scared Roman it probably was a good idea to do what we were told. At least I got to spend the time with him and Neo.

Speaking of Neo, she was once again in the process of kicking my ass. We'd been sparring a lot and not to toot my own horn but I was getting better and better at keeping up with her. Emphasis on keeping up, not surpassing. So after ending up on my ass for the hundredth time she helped me to my feet and patted my on the back. 

"Great, sympathy from the remorseless killer" 

Neo put her hand over her mouth, miming shock and offence. "Don't play the innocent I chuckle, you know its true" I continued. She shrugged comically, as if she had done nothing wrong. Not that murder really bothered me, all part of the job I guess. And speaking of the job.

"Alright alright, enough ass handing Neo, me and the disabled have work to do"

Neo bowed to Roman, booped me on the nose and happily skipped away. I had gotten into the habit of watching her as she went. Not in a stalker way but I just felt happy when I saw her......Well, not saw but you know what I mean. Roman came up obnoxiously close and followed my eyes.

"Something interesting you got your eye on?" He nudged my shoulder making a clicking sound. I snickered and faced him.

"You'll be the disabled one in a minute if you don't get to the point and tell me whats going on"

"Hey whatever you do in your own time is your business" He shrugged, turning on foot and strutting away. I kept pace next to him.

"Yeah well its work time right now, so what we got?"

"Lovely little gig down by the docks. Ocean breeze, the sounds of seagulls and the waves" He clasped his hands together "Oh yes. And a few boat loads of dust just begging to be snatched"

I smirked "Well then, lets not keep it waiting out there" We made our way out the back of the warehouse. 

"Just gotta wait till nightfall, wouldn't want to have to put down any employees still on shift"

I chuckled "We've gotten our hands dirty before"

"Yeah well I think its best to leave the murders to the professional up there" He gestured up at the warehouse. Neo stood in one of the windows, giving us a little wave.

"Right" I agreed "Best left to the pros, so lets go do what we do best" I grasped Romans wrist and he did the same to me, we shook hands and then moved over to where our transport was parked. I groaned "Is that an airship"

"You betcha" He snickered and I groaned again 

"I hate air travel"

Time skip-

Surrounded by white fang we headed for the docks. I tried to control the motion sickness best as I could, just praying we touched down soon. "So, just to be clear, its a smash and grab job like usual?" 

"More or less, just a little more large scale then dust shops"

"Obviously"

I felt the ship touch down and the fang began to file out, toting dust guns and surveying the area. Not fast enough for Romans liking as he addressed them with an annoyed tone.