Phase 2 begins

"They're going to infiltrate a huntsmen academy? Run by freaking OZPIN??!"

Roman lit up a cigar as he responded

"Yep, thats what I've been told at least"

"And she thinks they can fool one of the 'greatest' headmasters a huntsmen academy has ever had?!"

I looked to Neo to see if she shared my disbelief, but she merely shrugged apathetically.

"Wonderful input Neo" I sighed as Roman took a puff.

"Hey she seems confident enough. Whats the matter? You're suddenly worried about her well being?"

"No, I'm worried that if she gets found out it leads directly back to us. I don't particularly enjoy being on Huntsmen radar, even the kids are pains in the ass, imagine what'll happen if professional huntsmen are on our tail"

Neo leant back in her chair and crossed her legs, making a mouth movement with her hand. Roman snickered.

"You're absolutely right Neo, he does talk to much"

He placed an arm around my shoulders "And worry to much"

I shrugged it off, pulling the front of his hat down over his eyes "And you don't worry enough"

"Look are you gonna be the one to disagree with her? I won't be the one sweeping up your ashes"

I buried my face in my palm, groaning. "I hate this so much" I lurched forward as Neo leapt onto my back, toppling me to the ground. "Glad you're having fun" I tried to hide my annoyed chortle but damnit, Neo knew how to get to me. She gave my cheek a slap before cartwheeling back to her feet. I stood up and snatched my cane up from its resting place, letting out one last long sigh

"Fiiiiiine, might as well get on with it. Come on Neo"

She swung hush over her shoulder and came skipping along beside me. "Can't believe I've become designated as an errand boy"

"There are worse ways to make a living" Romans snarky voice called out. I just flashed him a middle finger as me and Neo left and headed onto the streets of Vale. After a little time of walking I decided to break the silence. 

"You ever think we're gonna be recognised as threats? I mean Romans a pretty notorious guy, but I never see wanted posters with out faces on them............Or see any wanted posters in general really"

If Neo could giggle I know she would have. She shrugged again, pointing to me then my eyes, then holding her hand over her head like a height indicator. "Ah true, nobody would ever suspect a blind dude and a shortstack" She swatted my arm at the comment and I chuckled. "You know I wouldn't have you any other way. Neo bowed extravagantly as always.

We continued on for a long while until Neo stopped me and pointed. "Ah we're here. Cinders lucky I have contacts of my own" I pushed open the door and the ring of a bell sounded, the man behind the desk perked up before adjusting his glasses. 

"(Y/N) I was beginning to think you'd forgotten"

"You know I'd never let you down like that Marron" I gestured to my companion "You know Neo"

He bowed his head. "Ma'am. So, do I even wanna know why you're securing three sets of 'student' files?"

I sighed "Trust me its no interest of mine. But can't work alone all the time, I know you know that"

He looked up to the ceiling, I knew his douche of a business partner was up there.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. JADE"

Another aura entered the room and a female voice answered. "Yea, whats up? Oh hey (Y/N). Neo"

Neo bowed and I gave the lady a high five as she passed. Marron continued. "You got their order"

"Should be in the back, Cinder, Emerald and Mercury right? From Haven academy, visiting for the Vytal Festival Tournament?"

I flashed a smile. "I can always count on you to get it right first time"

"I'll just go grab em"

Marron turned his attention back to me again. "So, new employer?"

"Yeah" I sighed

"I take it you guys aren't thrilled"

"She's not exactly a good boss. Not that any boss is good really, always preferred partnership to employment"

"How is Roman?"

"Same boyish charm as always" I laughed "You know him, he always makes sure we survive"

A chuckle escaped Marron as he muttered "Lying, cheating and stealing all the way"

"Exactly"

Jade entered the room again, handing the files to Neo, who gave them a quick once over then nodded. I twirled my cane in hand. "Pleasure doing business, as always"

"Good luck with this (Y/N) whatever it is" Marron waved.

"And be careful" Jade added.

I gave her another smile. "Always"

We exited the shop and began our walk back. "Kinda dumb that they aren't even using code names or anything" Neo nodded gleefully. "You're right, maybe if they get found out we can just sneak out and pretend this never happened. I doubt we'd ever be so lucky though"

After a little more time of walking, thunderous noise began rolling in overhead. I looked up to see the clusters of auras in the sky. "The hell? Is that a fleet?" Neo looked up in turn and nodded. "Who?" Neo thought for a moment then I heard the shimmer of her semblance. She held something in her hand. I reached out and touched the object, smooth with edges, I could tell she was focusing to put more into it. Then a slight chill touched the illusion in her hand. Ice.

"Atlas?" She nodded. "What in brothers name is general ironwood bringing an entire fleet to the Vytal festival for?"

Neo tapped on the files held in her hand. "You think he suspects something?" Neo shrugged maybe. "Great, now we've got the military on our back as well"

Back in the warehouse, our wonderful employer and her lackies were waiting. Neo handed over the files and Cinder looked them over. I spoke up. "Don't know if you noticed the massive fleet outside. I think we've attracted some more unwanted attention"

Cinder looked up at me. Mock sympathy in her voice "Oh little blind mouse, you needn't worry. All you have to worry about is doing what you're told"

"Not particularly jazzed if my work is likely to get me thrown in a cell"

She laughed. Her chuckle so unsettling. "You're not collecting dust any more so feel free to fly below the radar. I have more plans for you personally"

That took me aback a little. That this psycho women wanted ME for something specific. It was all I could do not to shudder when I imagined what it could be. She closed the files and gestured for her lap dogs to follow, looking over her shoulder back at me. "Don't start thinking you have no value at all, you all have some use to be made of you"

Wonderful. That was almost a compliment. And yet it made me feel so......degraded