Good old fashioned B and E

Never a dull moment in the hideout.

Neo sat polishing Hush

Roman playing solitaire

And me throwing a ball against the wall and catching it.

"How long have we been here waiting?" I groaned 

"20 minutes" Roman responded

"Godamnit I need to go DO something" I lobbed the ball over the top of all the crates. Shortly followed by a surprised "Owww?!" coming from the other side. 

"How do you think Cinder and the others are getting along?" I asked

"Well they're not in the news or the obituaries so I'll assume they're fine"

I started pacing "Ozpin is gonna figure it out. I just know it, the guys to freaking smart not to"

"He hasn't caught us yet"

"He hasn't tried. You really think headmaster Ozpin would take time out of his day to fine a trio of thieves and murderers. Pleasant company that the both of you are"

Neo bowed her head as Roman packed up his deck. "You're worrying to much. We already have all the dust we need and now stolen Atlas tech as well" He walked over and placed his hand on my shoulder "Don't tell me you're not overjoyed to be taking those pompous pricks prized positions"

He couldn't help but smile a little as I brushed his hand away. "Impressive alliteration Roman, and of course I'm happy to do anything that knocks Atlas down a peg" I folded my arms. "What I'm not a fan of is having to wait for someone else to finish their job so that we can do ours"

(Meanwhile at Beacon academy)

"I hate waiting" Mercury cooed like an angsty teenager, but I just smiled. 

"Don't worry Mercury. We have a fun weekend ahead of us"

Emerald piped up. "The dance?"

"And everything that comes with it" I smirked at her, a glint in my eye. "Time for Roman to take his little vacation" I picked up my scroll. "And time for me to enlist the help of our optically challenged asset"

(Back at the warehouse)

A few more minutes of waiting and my scroll buzzed. A text. Not a phone call.

"Ok now thats just taking the piss" I grumbled. Roman laughed as he leant on my shoulder and read it out loud

"Another stage of the plan is ready to be executed this weekend. I want Roman to take Neo and start spearheading the operation down in mountain Glenn, the White Fang are already waiting. Y/N, I want you to be ready for an assignment. You will be collected when your skills are required"

"Nice to know she thinks I have skills"

Roman let out a heavy, long, annoyed sigh. "I'm assuming she doesn't want us to hang around a little first?"

Neo shook her head as she placed Hush back into its parasol scabbard. "Great. Now I'm not only gonna be waiting. I'm gonna be doing it alone" I leant back against the wall, arms folded. Roman slid up next to me, arm round my shoulders.

"But you're finally being appreciated as the useful asset that you are" I could tell there was probably a shit eating grin on his face. I slowly turned my empty gaze to look at him for a few beats of awkward silence until Neo clapped loudly.

"Right, we'll be off then" Roman flicked his cane up into his hand as I came to give him a one arm hug. 

"Don't have to much fun without me"