Back in the game

It was great to be back at the planning table with Roman and Neo again. Knowing I'd be back in a heist scenario soon. Its not glamorous or honourable but it was all I could do. These were the skills that I had and this was my family. I wouldn't live any other way. Right now we were making pretty basic plans. Small dust shop, easy take, flying getaway. only downside was that Cinder was gonna be our getaway driver, and I wasn't looking forward to seeing her again so soon. Well, not 'seeing' her but you know what I mean. The plan was sound and simple though, just the way we liked it. I had a little time before we left so I went to find Neo. I eventually managed to find her up on the observation platforms overhead. I approached and she turned to face me as my stick clicked on the metal. "Not lonely up here are we?" she shook her head and I continued. "Thought I'd pay you a visit, I've got a little time to kill before me and Roman head out. And you're such great conversation" I smirk as she folds her arms. She picked up her parasol and swung it round before pointing it at me. I pretended to consult a watch. "I guess I've got time" I smiled as I flipped my cane up and held it out like a sword. I took a step back so we could square each other up.

I lunged forward and she easily parried, but I followed through with a full swing, she jumped my attack and kicked me backwards backflipping off my chest as she pushed me back. I heard the parasol slowly open as she held it over her shoulder. I righted myself and scoffed. "Show-off" I muttered with a smile. "I could predict you with my eyes closed" At this point I made the educated guess that she had rolled hers in response. I darted toward her again and swung down, she stepped to the side, then ducked another swing, parried with her parasol, ducked under another, slid between my legs and kicked me in the spine. I was still amazed by how quick she could move. Her perception was off the chain. "Alright, I get the point speedster" I smirked. I'd probably never say it out loud, but I kinda liked the way she could run circles around me in a fight. Usually my aura sense can help me predict moves, but Neo was one of the exceptions.

I stepped forward and Neo stepped back in turn, matching my pace. One arm behind her back as she pointed the parasol at her opponent. Like a fencer. There was a long pause. Both of us trying to wait the other out. Then it was a flurry of strikes and doges, kicks and ducks, neither one of us able to land a hit. Until we both struck our weapons together and I managed to knock her back. I gave Neo a cocky smile, but my pride was about to turn to surprise. One step ahead as always, she charged me and I readied my defensive stance. As she reached me though she threw herself over the side of the railing, swinging back round entirely and kicking me hard in the side of the head, almost toppling me over the side. I used the momentum to push my stick off the ground and strike at her. In turn she quickly opened the parasol and used my own speed against me, using it to push me up over her head and send me crashing off the opposite side.

I landed heavily onto one of the large steel containers with a fairly unnatural crack inside my body. I grasped my shoulder and grunted in pain "Pretty sure that's supposed to stay in there" I muttered through gritted teeth. I looked up at my elegant rival as she hopped up onto the rail and launched herself down at me. I made the best attempt I could to pop whatever had fallen out of place back in and raised my stick just in time to block the downwards blow. Upon contact the aura I sensed vanished completely as I heard the sound of shattering glass. "Clever girl" I chuckled, wheezing a little as I rolled my now aching shoulder. I hopped down from the crate and scanned for an aura to feel out. She wasn't nearby. That or I couldn't focus with the workers that Roman had around. Their auras were obviously weak but it was enough of a distraction that I couldn't zero in on the one I was looking for. I smashed my cane against the steel crate, just to get a better view of the area. I began stalking between the mazes of containers. Smiling to myself, admittedly loving how much of a good game she was making out of it. I knew Neo loved the direct approach though. She wouldn't stay hidden for long.

My senses suddenly peaked for a moment. Got her. She was close. "Hide and seek is over" I spun round and try to knock her legs out while she was in mid jump, but she kicked my cane as she came down, almost knocking it away. I only just manged to catch it in my other hand and send it towards her. Tossing it like a javelin. She pulled one of her favourite moves. Which was to turn her back and block with the open parasol held over her shoulder. The cane bounced off but I had her where I wanted her. Grabbing it as it pinged back at me, and with a slide I knocked her legs out from beneath her. She manged to roll through it, hand standing as she fell back and pushing onto her feet. I skidded to a stop and jumped to mine. She hung the parasol on the crook of her arm and gave me a slow clap, to which I responded with a bow. "I've always been told that I tend to sweep people off their feet" I flip my cane extravagantly in my hand, following it up and back as it comes back down into my hand. "Annnnnnnd she's gone" I looked around and she was no where to be sensed. "Distracted for one God damn second and next thing you know she's pulling a Houdini on me"

I knock my fist against the side of my head in frustration "what is this semblance even good for, takes complete and utter concentration just to know somebody's nearby and in a battle situation that's not exactly practi-" my train of thought was abruptly and painfully cut off by a parasol to the side of the head, knocking me to the ground and sending my cane skittering across the floor. I stood up, brushing myself off and actually grinning. I didn't care how much she messed with me. Sparring with Neo was one of the best things in my whole life. And I think she liked it to. She's never told me otherwise. I started my own slow clap in response to her sneak attack.

"Most impressive princess pink" what I was hoping she didn't realise was that the clapping was providing more then enough sound vibrations for me to scope the area. She took the bait, flying in to strike me from behind. I spun round to give her a jumping kick to the gut. And of course. The illusion shattered on my foot. Before I had time to feel shocked and stupid, my foot was hooked by a parasol handle and dragged out from underneath me. Leaving me on my back. I looked up at my apparent superior. She of course had her parasol opened up over her shoulder and a thumb hooked into her trousers. Swaying a tiny bit, clearly very pleased with herself.

"I'm going to assume you're smiling right now"

She offered me and hand and helped drag me to my feet. I shook her hand as a gesture of good will. "Still the best I see........wait, that wasn't meant to be a play on words" I chortled nervously, rubbing the nape of my neck. Neo's shoulders bounced again, only ever so slightly. But it was enough for me to know she had chuckled silently. "ummm would you mind" I gesture in the direction of my cane "kinda need my metaphorical eyes" She skips over in that direction and picks it up. At that moment I could hear Roman calling out.

"Hey, if you two are done, we have actual work to do"

I was about to respond when something smacked right into the back of my head and clattered to the floor behind me. I turned to face Neo accusingly. She put her hand over her mouth, miming pretend shock. I rolled my eyes with a smile and kicked the cane up into my hand. Roman walked over and tossed something that also smacked me in the face, I fumbled and caught it on the way down, but I still shot Roman a glare of my glazed eyes. "Oops" he chuckled

"You did that one on purpose" I said as I opened up the suitcase that I felt in my hands. Putting my hand inside, I felt the fabric of some sort of clothing. Roman, who now stood next to me, lit up a cigar. "Its a coat, just like mine.......only different colour and material. Thought it would suit you"

"Wonderful, I'm gonna be matching with a bola hat wearing ginger, yeah seems legit that I should be taking fashion tips from him" (By the way, if you're wondering, Roman had told me his hair colour before and I made sure he regretted it)  I chuckled. "Hey" Roman retorted, fumbling with his coat "I think these things are pretty damn fetching. Wouldn't you agree Neo" I turned to face her and she nodded enthusiastically.

"Whatever you 'say' Neo" I pull the coat out and start putting it on as Roman continued. "Dust shop isn't far from here, in and out, easy and quick"

"Sounds like your sex life" I chuckled and smacked my cane below his waist. He put his hand over it to stop my stick whacking his manhood and sounded like he was about to comeback but then just sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Just come on" I heard him muttering as he walked away. I turned back to Neo and bowed my head in farewell, she did the same before skipping away. 

I caught up to Roman and stood beside him, matching his walking pace. "This is what I was missing. Got the band back together." Roman chuckled as he waved our new gang of thugs over to follow us "Yep, now lets go make some sweet music"