Everything is in place

This time It wasn't evening as I stood on my hilltop. I was feeling the suns rays on my face as it rose instead of fell. This time, I also wasn't alone. Neo stood beside me. We hadn't moved or even made a sound for almost half an hour. It felt like eternity though and with how peaceful it was, I wouldn't have complained. Just being there beside her, I couldn't explain it but it just made me feel secure. Finally I broke the silence.

"Next match will be starting soon"

Neo turned to me and nodded. "What do you say we go take in a show?" She folded her arms and cocked her head. "Don't worry" I continued with a grin. "I'll be sure to remain unseen this time" Neo took a deep silent breath and shook her head slightly, before heading off down the hill and gesturing for me to follow. "That's the spirit" I chuckled. "May as well take in some entertainment while we're not informed of the plan" 

We slipped our way onto a transport, Neo's semblance and my blindness as our disguises. We made sure to arrive after most of the crowd was seated. Having to walk through that would have made my brain bleed. We stood apart from everyone else where Neo could see the monitors and I could still sense what was happening in the arena. I'll admit I little surprise when all four of the auras were familiar. 

Mercury and Emerald vs That girl with the minigun and her 7 foot friend. I may not have known Cinders full plan but I had the feeling that after the close encounters I'd had, she was removing dangerous pieces from the board. If these kids were to busy nursing wounds then they wouldn't be paying attention to underground criminal activity. 

And as much as I hated those two little shits, it was entertaining to watch them kick ass all over the place. Also further enlightening to me at how good these two were. I could definitely see why Cinder kept them around. They used a perfect combination of stealth, speed, power and ferocity. You could tell that they had learnt to be merciless in their own special way. Emerald fought to survive. Careful, measured and tactical. Whereas Mercury. The kid was cold almost sadistic. He didn't care how much he hurt someone.

Suffice to say the school kids didn't stand a chance. 

Neo seemed a little bored at the spectacle so we decided to not join our fellow teammates celebrations and just catch a ship back to Vale with as few passengers as possible. And then we wait.....and wait and wait and

"I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE" I threw the fire dust crystal against the wall with instant regret as the explosion ripped my ears "FUUUUUCK"

I heard a familiar snicker behind me. "Someone's getting impatient" Mercury  sneered. 

I felt my grip on my cane tighten. "Someone's still an asshole." I heard him scoff as I turned around. "Feeling cocky after your big win?"

Emerald chimed in. "At least we were out there doing something"

"Trust me, the last thing I want is to be cooped up in here. I'm sick and tired of not looking at this place!" I felt a sharp, quick pain as Neo snapped Hush against the back of my legs "Shit, brothers sake Neo" I turned to get in her face but her cross armed figure spoke 100 words, so I took a deep breath, gritted my teeth and nodded. "I'm calm, I'm calm, I am calm"

"Tell your face" Emerald giggled. I took another deep breath that turned into a growl half way through.

"If you're so desperate to make yourself useful. I have something for you, my sensory impaired friends"

The voice pierced me like a dagger, same as always. I looked up to see Cinder burning aura on the walkway above. "Do you always have to make a dramatic and foreboding entrance?" I didn't need sight to know she was glaring down on me with burning eyes. "So uh, something you had for us?"