Neopolitan

Neo tilted her head to the side and placed one hand on her hip. I smirked. "Oh sorry, didn't realize you wanted me to try" I flipped my cane up into a wielding stance and she pointed her parasol at me, closing it as it came over her shoulder. She rushed me and I struck at her as she came my way but was taken back for a moment when I heard a shattering on impact. I regained my composure and smiled. "A clone. I should have known huh?" I closed my eyes to concentrate (Not that closing them made any visual difference) and turned without a split second to waste as she struck my cane and hopped over my head, gently lowering to the ground as I heard the parasol open to slow her decent. "We're just gonna dance around like this all day?" I remarked sarcastically. Neo twirled her weapon in her hand before charging me. I swung and she dodged under, striking the back of my leg but I spun on my knee and blocked a downward strike, forcing her back before going on the offensive again.

Her speed was insane. It always had me in awe, how she dodged ever blow with such fluency. I was no slouch though if I do say so myself. Parrying her strikes and using my cane to trap and redirect her kicks. Hauling her over my shoulder at one point only for her to flip through and land with the grace of a dancer. I knocked another kick away and she did a full 360 turn before coming back with a swing which I managed to duck to the side of.

We stood flatfooted, each pointing their weapon at the other. Before I chortled and placed my stick back down in front of me. Leaning on it with both hands. "Still exceptional I see" she bowed courteously before righting herself and resting the parasol back on her shoulder.

"So where is everybody?" I enquired. She placed a finger on her cheek, miming a thinking action. I smiled warmly. Despite her tendency to mess with people, I truly enjoyed Neo's little games. She snapped her fingers and I heard the shimmering wave of sound that indicated her semblance being used. I smacked my cane hard against the floor to send out a wave of vibration. It hit a physical object, her illusion. I could make out the shape. A warehouse. But of different build to this one. "A new base of operation?" I jokingly tutted "Why am I not surprised that Roman didn't tell me?" I smiled to myself before turning away and putting on a mock angry voice "Wouldn't expect anything less from a second rate thief like him. I mean. What an untrustworthy buffoon" I turned around to see Neo with her arms crossed, tapping her foot on the floor. Clearly unimpressed. I laughed a little. "You know I'm kidding ice cream queen" she stamped her foot down at this remark and a spread my arms out in mock confusion "whaaaat? I thought you liked that nickname" she put a hand on her hip, a very slight head movement let me know that she'd just rolled her eyes.

"So" I continued "What are you doing here?" She stepped up to me and pointed right at my chest. "Awww you waited for me. I'm touched" she flicked her finger upwards, catching me in the nose before turning and beginning to skip towards the exit. I followed on behind her. "So was it out of the kindness of your own heart or did Roman send you?" She stopped and looked at me, shaking her head. I chuckled, amused. "Then what?" She hung her parasol in the crook of her arm to free up both hands. She then pointed at me before punching a fist into the other hands open palm.

My turn to roll my eyes. But it was obviously more for Neo then me. "Right. I forgot. The pink clad killing machine just likes to kick my ass" The only reason I knew she was pink was because every aura had a different colour, guess I lucked out over other unfortunately blinded souls. "All i'm useful for right? Getting my ass handed to me" she nodded jovially and I smiled before she smacked my lower back with the parasol as an indication to follow her. Further indicating by making a 'come here' motion with her finger as she skipped happily towards the door. I continued following until a heard the rasping metal of the door and a cold chill flowing in and freezing my blood to ice "Gods" I shivered. Neo tilted her head and skipped up to me, grabbing my arm and pulling me out into the night air. "You're just a beacon of care and consideration aren't you" Neo looked back over her shoulder at me, I could make the educated guess that she was beaming ear to ear knowing she was getting on my nerves. Then she kept walking on and I followed like an obedient pup, just like she wanted. It was funny. even though she was getting on my nerves and was far from a 'caring' person. I could never be mad at her. Neo and Roman were the only two people in Remnant I still cared about. I hoped they cared about me as well. We walked for hours. we didn't make conversation. That was....more then difficult for her but we didn't really mind. it was nice to just know she was there. Roman had left me out of the loop for some reason recently. I was looking forward to hopefully finding out why.