Chapter 9

Meera

Turns out, I wasn't in any danger. He only wanted to ask me something. He wanted to ask me a question? That's it? He began "Well...are you all in for the marriage? Are you ready to marry me? You know the person I am according to what outside sources say  about me but are you ready to learn more about me? The real thing?". I wasn't really sure what to say; did he think I was not ready to get married or that I didn't like him? 

"Of course I do, we're engaged now. You don't need to ask me these things. One day you will know all the answers to these questions from your heart without having to ask me because I know that you will know." He leaned over and said, "I don't want you to be scared. I want you to feel free, and to know that even if this might feel like an arranged marriage that I'm starting to fall in love with you." My eyes happen to get big again and I looked directly into  his eyes. 

He blinks three times and said "Whenever I do three actions together like that, I want you to know that it's to say that I love you. You don't need to say anything now but I want to know if you do have feelings for me. If you have prepared yourself to live with me, I want you to feel my love." He held my hand and brought it to his lips before placing it back on my lap. 

He went back to talking about wedding details and I had become lost in my own world. When I got home, I fell into deep thought before gradually falling asleep. Ram would also be getting ready for his wedding which is in two months. I was invited. I wasn't sure I wanted to go but the staff are going together and my name has already been given with a plus one. I guess, I'll be taking Raj.