Chapter 12

Raj

The three days I had spent with her went by way too quickly. I didn't expect to have so much fun with her. She is my adorable yet super sexy wife. I took her with me to work a few days after we got married. She is just so beautiful. My wife. I can't stop repeating those two words in my head every time I see her. I need to show her to the world as my wife. No one else can have her or love her or hate her.

I had received some hate mail in her name for marrying me. The usual hate mail I've been through for years now. I haven't exposed this to her and so I've been stashing them in my office at the building. I'm usually on the sets and never in the office so only my cleaner goes in there. She shouldn't be able to find it any time soon. It's all too hurtful.

Our pictures have circled the net and even appeared in the gossip section of the newspapers. Today, we came in together and there were many congratulations. I brought her up to the office giving her a quick tour before I had to go down to the sets. She was so close to the cabinet I hid the hate mail in. I didn't want to see her hurt so I decided it was best not to show anything to her just yet. I took her to the sets and everyone received her welcomingly and she was so cute smiling that way. I didn't want to leave her side and you could tell I wasn't so focused today. We ended up taking a second take because I had been watching the way she had been watching us.

Later she told me that she didn't find anything boring at all. It was all extremely interesting. She told me that she had been interested in dramatic arts before becoming a teacher.

When she was younger, her parents discouraged her from pursuing arts and she decided to pursue it another way through teaching. She would've made the most beautiful heroine but I want her to myself. She told me that she definitely wants to visit again. I received another call from a producer who wanted me in a movie. I told him that I'm adjusting well after retiring from the movie scene. It was just too much for me to handle. I had even considered  going to television for acting but I like directing. It's something I enjoy and I'm good at if I say so myself. The next day was her full day home without me and I was so glad to see her after work. My dream had come true. The welcoming face when I got home was there and with the most beautiful smile on it.

She was at the door smiling at me as I walked up and she asked me how work was. I couldn't help holding her in my arms as I whispered good in her ears. I knew her eyes had gone big because I felt her eye lashes flutter against my cheeks. Damn, why was she so irresistible! I let go of her and she tentatively took a step back looking up at me with her innocent eyes. 

We chatted about our day at home before I asked her about her friend Ram who was getting married in a few weeks. She was very quiet and wouldn't say much about her friend but she began to ramble and I knew she was straying away from something. "Oh, he's just a friend and we all decided to go to his wedding as a group. Oh, by the way, what did you want to wear? I picked out a few of my sarees. I think I'll wear the purple one at the far end of the closet and maybe you could wear that purple and black kurta?" I told her I'll wear anything she likes. We watched the serial together today. She didn't mind laying her head on my shoulder. It was a comfortable position.

A few weeks later, it's a whole month since our wedding, it was my day off and we were headed to her friend's wedding. Ram. He seemed like a nice dude. His name felt familiar. I remembered that one of the letters I had for Meera had his name on it. I should really sort through the mail and give it to her. That was something I'll have to give her tomorrow.

Meera has adjusted well after marriage. I think she's getting bored though. She mentioned a foundation that she used to volunteer at that she wanted to start volunteering at again and I told her that she can do whatever she likes but today, she looked even more gorgeous! I don't even know if that's possible but I heart jumped a little higher when I saw her.