Chapter 17

Meera

Raj and I have been married two and a half months now. Time just flies by! He took me with him to the new shooting location and I get to watch it all. The first day there had been amazing! It’s just that at the end, I got sick. I think it was that seafood I had. It didn’t suit me well. I should’ve watched what went in. Raj isn’t letting me go with him tomorrow. I’m stuck in this hotel room by myself. The next day he gives me his laptop saying if I need anything to call his phone and I could use his laptop for anything I wanted to do myself. I had woken up. Washed up. Gave raj a morning hug before he headed away.

Jahnavi came in to see if I was okay. I told her everything was good. I ended up visiting all the social networking sites after some breakfast of fruit. I was busy for a few hours. Then I called Ma and Pa who were doing okay. Of course I didn’t tell them about getting sick. That’ll get them all worried! After a while, they got busy too so I had to say bye. Raj called me up to see what I was doing. I told him I’m so bored! He said just another few more hours and then he’ll take me out tonight. I told him I don’t want to go out. I want to stay with him. He said, “You need rest so no.” “Please?” “Meera, come on!” “Okay fine. I’m having lunch without you though.” “Go for it.” “Fine, bye.” I felt a bit exasperated with him. I decided to go down to the hotel cafeteria. It’s not exactly outside of the hotel! I go down in the elevator, “Hey isn’t that Raj Malhotra’s wife?”

 The media was here too? COME ON! Thank goodness, I had gotten dressed in something presentable. I wore a nice light sweater with a pair of jeans, my hair pouring out behind me. It wasn’t much. I was bombarded by luckily only a few people who asked me a few questions. “How is life with Raj?” “You’re one lucky woman!” “You had an arranged marriage right? How is it?” “Do you and Raj plan to have kids?” I tried to answer as many questions as I could. “It’s good. Haha, yes, good. Maybe one day. Sorry I have to go, I forgot to get something.” I left the group and went back to my hotel room empty handed. Maybe this is why Raj told me not to leave our room. I ordered some food from room service. It wasn’t much. I ate and I felt so tired like I hadn’t slept for days but I had slept for half of yesterday and last night. I couldn’t help feeling tired and soon I fell asleep.

Raj is opening our room door when I wake up. It was six already? “Hey, I told you not to get out of bed today!” “I’m sorry, I told you I wanted lunch.” “You could’ve asked me if you wanted something from outside the room!” “Why what’s wrong?” “Nothing, it’s just that now, media knows that we’re here.” “Why is that so bad?” “They’re going to be bothering us for the next two weeks.” I didn’t know what to say. Why had I been so stupid. “… I’m sorry Raj.” He seemed angry but he broke out into a smile. He said that the people I had met had actually talked to his people (connections) about posting it.

 Luckily it was people he knew. If it was other media, they wouldn’t have cared. He let them post it but without our location because then people would show up. I apologized to him again but he said it doesn’t matter because now I’m with my honey bun. He gets on the bed, on top of me, wrapping me into a hug. I lay there for a second before pulling away.”Hey, why are you pulling away suddenly? I thought you missed me all day!” “I did but I’m angry at you now.”

“Why?’ “Because, I was put on house arrest.” “Oh, come on, you needed rest anyways, I saw you sleeping when I came in. please, smile? I worked so hard today, I should get a reward.” He pointed at his lips. He wants a kiss? I shake my head no confused. I’ve never done that to him. Well, not that I remember. I probably had. He put his hands on my face pulling the corners of my lips up. Oh, he meant smile! I was a bit disappointed. A kiss wouldn’t be that bad. Why was I thinking like this, so bad! He bent down and kissed my cheek my eyes growing big as my cheeks became red. “So, does my beautiful wife want to go out with me for dinner?”

 There was a knock on the door, he let out a huff and went to open it. Aman said that they needed to do some editing and asked if Raj could come in about half an hour. So we ended up getting dinner from service again. I was getting tired of being in the room and so I went with Raj to their meeting spot. They had to go through hours of footage of the same scene cutting here and there and then send it over to be aired in two days. This was going to take more than two hours. It was about 6:00 when we came down. I had brought some snacks. We sat around munching.

 Some of the actresses who were done for the day were going to the spa and I was asked to come along. It was just a fun girl’s night out. It was a spa nearby. We just talked and had fun. They asked me how Raj is their eyebrows going up and down. I couldn’t help laughing. He’s hot damnit. Jahnavi might be old but she is very beautiful. Aman must sweat when he see her. Gosh. That’s how I feel when I see Raj. What has gotten into me? As I was thinking this, someone said the word – pyaar (love).

 I don’t think I love him, I’m starting to actually love him – I know. His heart was very big. When I found out that he had joined the foundation I volunteered for, it was heartmelting. He had actually volunteered there before becoming all busy with the movies. He came in once in a while after that bringing the foundation to the eyes of many. When I found out that he hid those letters form me so I won’t get hurt, my love for him grew some more. When I found out that he had gone through years of hurting, my love grew even bigger.

                No cameras or media had followed us, it’s mostly during the day you’d find them wandering unless there was a big event. Two hours later of spending our money and getting primped, we decided to go back. The editing team went back to the hotel instead of sitting out in the cold, mosquito filled air and were in a conference room. Then Jahnavi and the wife of another editor came with me and I told Raj that I’ll be in our room. He told me not to wait for him because this could take all night. It was only the second day here and he was so busy. I went back and a sudden, heavy sleep overtook me. I blanked out as soon as I changed into a night gown.