Chapter 1

The love story of a playboy turned good and a sweetheart who had her heart broken. Will they ever be able to get past what they've gone through and live with each other? This story is written in two perspectives. The  character's point of view you are reading will be named at the top.

Raj

My career started about 10 years ago. I had always wanted to become a director because of the joy that it brought me to put a big story together. Of course, the industry was so glamorous and all but it's difficult to get into it. Indian film industry is very tough on you. Even if you do establish yourself as good, something else will always bring you down. I started off as an assistant director before being "discovered". I debuted in my first film the same year and my career as an actor soared. I've been through ups and downs what with the relationships with actresses, and anyone else in the industry. I'm sick of it. Every single scandal and piece of crap. It's ruined my image and career. Producers want to spend the money on me but you know what, I've earned enough for a lifetime.

 I just need to quieten things down. The hype of it all was so exciting at first. "Oh Raj, you're so handsome. You act so well. You're such a great dancer." Now, I am absolutely sick of it. Honestly, I didn't give a fu*k what other people ever thought. It felt good at first. Then there were the fans. It was nice to be liked that way but some of them were crazy. 10 years in the industry and only a few of my movies were real hits. Sometimes I was stuck with actresses that were so beautiful you couldn't peel your eyes away but their attitudes were awful. I've retired from all that.

Now, I'm trying to change my career path to directing again. It's been a year. The media has stopped following me around so much and the news about me has died down. At the age of 33, running a production house is crazy. I signed on with a TV company and am directing their newest addition of television serials. My professional life is going great but my personal life is a mess with all the scandals that surround my name.

 The last relationship I was in died down about 6 months ago. A nice girl really. I'm ashamed to say it but I've had so many affairs; there have been one night stands and I can never find comfort. No one to come home to in the end. No one to welcome me. I decided to tell my parents to find me a quiet ladki (girl) with an amazing character and who was not filthy stinking rich. Those girls are prissy and are always still after the money. There were a bunch of girls - some I knew, some daughters of my parents' friends. 

My mom had a whole pile of pictures - so many that she dropped a few in the process of handing it to me. The photos were facing up as they landed on the floor and one of those smiling faces on flat paper would soon be a reality to me. I just didn't know the one picture that I picked up last would be my future. I handed over the photos and took that last one and gave it to mom telling her to arrange a meeting with the girl in the the picture and her parents.