Chapter 20

Raj

Last night had been amazing, way better than I could imagine it. Yesterday morning, the way she responded to me I thought she didn’t want me but when she asked me to kiss her, I was shocked. And she remembered our night from before, after a kiss. Jahnavi had come by and thought that my kisses were a rash but I knew that Aman knew as he led her away; he was chuckling. Wow, Meera is the best at not only singing dancing, organizing and being a wife but now it’s confirmed that she’s the greatest at this too. We did it twice. TWICE. After that talk I had with her about my past and the shit I’ve been through, she knew that I wasn’t a virgin but this was the best I had ever experienced. I woke up this morning with her warm body against mine. It wasn’t morning but past 2 o’ clock. She was getting out of bed too after kissing my cheek.

“Raj, I want to spend today with you but Jahnavi invited me for some party this evening, you’re coming too right?” She had gotten out of bed completely bare and pulled on the shirt I had worn the night before. She wandered back over to me and I knew there was nothing under that shirt. “Of course I will.” I replied as I looked at her body hungrily. The party later today was actually my plan. It was a surprise party for her and her family was coming too. That was the biggest surprise. I had to take care of the checking in details and all in about another hour. She came back from a ten minute shower wrapped in her bathrobe and said that usually her family calls her at midnight but last night she couldn’t attend the call and a flush grew up her neck and a shy smile appeared on her face. She said she’ll check her messages. The inbox was full of calls from relatives who wondered why she was not available. I myself freshened up and came back out. She was looking at the gown and diamonds. As soon as I came out with the towel wrapped around my legs, she got up and hugged me. She wrapped her warm body against mine wearing just her intimates. I kissed her before pulling back and telling her I’m busy and need to leave because I had a meeting at three but I’ll definitely see her at five to get ready for the party which was at six. We had ordered some fruits for breakfast which I ate with her before leaving. She looked disappointed but gave me a kiss before saying that she will check the messages and reply.

 I got downstairs wearing my jeans and hoodie and then turned around to a voice. “Jijuuuuuu”. It was Leela. The family came over giving me hugs. The hotel attendant with them looked exasperated. Her parents seemed worried. Again, it was the same thing she mentioned. They wondered why Meera hadn’t answered any of their calls. I told them that Meera and I had been busy yesterday night. Again, a knowing smile from both parents and I felt awkward. Leela was literally twitching with excitement. She told me how all her friends were jealous of her and wished they had a Jiju like me. She also said that this would be the best surprise Meera has ever had. I finally got them into their rooms which were a floor above ours. I told them to be at the hall by six before leaving. I got back to our room at about 4:30 after seeing off a few details for the hall and food. I walked in and saw my beautiful wife resting peacefully.

Last night must’ve been pretty tiring for her. I noticed the pink marks on her neck. They still weren’t gone. I must bite pretty hard. The love bites on my own skin were still there although thankfully no one asked about it. There weren’t as many as she had. The makeup crew was coming at 5:30 with Jahnavi – without her I couldn’t pull this whole thing off. Meera wore a crop top along with big sweats. The crop top rode over her belly which moved up and down with every breath. I even saw pink marks there. What did I do to her? I laid down beside her and her arms which had been under a pillow found me and she pulled herself closer to me in her sleep. I smelt the loveliness of her hair and sat there wondering how I got so lucky. Half an hour after I had come in, I was getting a call from Jahnavi asking if she should start the plan. I told her it might take some time because Meera was sleeping. She said she’ll just come in half an hour with the makeup crew. I half whispered to her and the warm body against me began to stir slightly. She moaned in her sleep getting into a more comfortable position pulling herself closer to me. I think she realized that it was me and her hand flew up to my chest, her eyes fluttering open.