Chapter 16

Raj

She picks up an envelope and of course the name on top... Ram. She asks me to read it. This was going to be the moment I find out what was between these two. I read the letter. So it was all one-sided? That's got to be the absolute worst. I told her that she doesn't have to worry about him and she reassured me saying that she was totally over him but now there was a new problem. Why does there always have to be another problem? Why can't we be carefree and not have to worry? I asked her what?

"Well, there's this other guy..." "Do I need to talk to him? We should talk to Ram first. You two should still be friends. Tell me about this other one." I felt nervous and became very serious. "He's really sweet and he's been loving me for a while. He's even told me so. I didn't like him at first and now..." "Now we're married. What do you want to do? Should we go talk to him? Do you not like being with me? I can't stop your love..." I had no idea what she was trying to get at! First she tells me about Ram and now there's this other guy? I was shocked after our little moment when she said Ram instead of Raj and who's next? I can't believe it! And she likes him? Great! It looks like at this rate, I'm going to lose my wife and on top of that she was giving me one of those sweet irresistible smiles. Can she make it any worse?

 "Raj, why are you getting so tensed for? Just relax. Let me tell you this. Slowly. I'm not sure how to say this." Her eyes were big and that smile had grown slightly. "Don't blink. Just keep staring at me." I was wondering what she was doing. Is she paagal? Did she have alcohol while I was gone? She blinks once and says "I". Blinks again, "Love". A third blink, "You." I. Love. You. She had just said those three words to me. My body began to relax. I couldn't help but start laughing picking her up and swinging her around. It was hilarious. We ended up in a hug before she pulled away telling me to take a shower so that we can have dinner. I smiled the whole time singing my heart out.

I went downstairs and she had our dinners ready and my show was on. I don't usually see her eating this much but I saw her reach for food more than a few times. That's kind of weird. I asked her if she had eaten today and she said, "Yes, I did but I felt a little sick and wasn't able to digest it well." I had told her not to drink the coffee from the roadside stop after her volunteer work. Her stomach must be very weak. 

The episodes that go on TV are usually what had been shot a few days earlier and she asks me for updates every day but I rarely give out spoilers – I'm not supposed to either. Today she sat beside me, a lot closer than usual. I was glad to have her back and glad that we were on good terms. She grabbed the sweets box and one by one they disappeared and I asked her to feed me one. She held one gulab jamun between her teeth as she reached to grab another one but I grabbed the one in her mouth and popped it into my mouth tasting the sweet syrup which had oozed down my chin. Her eyes were wide but she had reached over to wipe the syrup off my chin and licked it off her finger.  When she was full, I saw her get up to put the box away and there were only a few sweets left in the box. I should buy them more often if she likes them so much!

We went up to our bedroom. The stair case isn't that long but I noticed that she was a bit out of breath! Maybe because of that big problem solved and her body is de-stressing and all. I told her about the little shooting location we were going to. It was a bit far and we'll be leaving in two weeks. I asked her if she wanted to come. Of course she said yes. I told her we need to pack soon. She said it can wait because after that heavy meal, she wanted to sleep. I decided to go up with her tonight. It was still early. She had her arm hooked in mine. I asked her when she wants to talk to Ram and she said that she had already called telling him that he was an idiot but an amazing friend. I laughed over that one. She held my hand without feeling so shy right then. She was beautiful. Her face glowed. I can't stop admiring her.