Chapter 6

Raj

I can't believe it. Neither can any of my buddies. They didn't think I'd ever get married, what with all the break-ups, and hookups.  They're all very happy for me. I'm finally going to get married. I needed this anyway. Just another person to be a good friend to me but still more, somebody to welcome me home; somebody to be there in that big house. My parents don't live with me. I don't live with me either. I come home to find it empty except for the workers and most of the time, they're also gone and I don't do much at home. I sleep, I eat and head back to work. It'll be nice to have her face smiling at me from the door. I could get used to it. So we had our invitations done after the planning of where and when the wedding would take place which happened the week of the first meeting. I still had a lot of connections in the film industry so we had to print out a lot of invitations. Those were sent out by the end of the month.

There were two months left. I still had to go to work but I imagined that beautiful woman every day. I got sidetracked sometimes. I went by her house to see if she was there but they said she was still working. I went to her school and I talked to the principal who had told me that she had come to him saying that she will resign in another month. I was allowed to surprise her by visiting her classroom. Her students were really excited. I had brought them chocolates and a bouquet for my wife to be. 

Her eyes got big and then she introduced me to her class who said Ms. we already know him.  And then there was "Hey I liked this movie you were in!" and "Can I have your autograph?" An hour later, I was done with their chatter and questions and they had another class to go to anyway. My lovely lady was on her break. She asked me "Hey, why did you come here?" "I couldn't find you at home and I needed to ask you for something very important." She gave me a frightened glance before I said cell phone number. I looked at her cell, it was a pretty old model and it didn't have a front camera, I won't be able to do face calls and see her every day.

I went out and bought her a phone the very next day. It was sent to her and soon we were texting each other every day. I made her face time me every day whenever we had the chance. It was just a "Hi, how are you today?" She doesn't speak much. I usually don't either but seems like I'm the talkative one here. The more I spent time with her, the more I felt like this was actually real and happening.