Chapter 13

Noelle's POV

The days following Lina's breakup has drained me emotionally.

I hate to see her cry and it seems like the only thing she has done this past days.

We are supposed to return to boksburg tomorrow but I suggested we stay back a little while longer to help Lina move on.

I've thought about all the fun things I could engage her in but it seems like I suck at this consolation game.

I haven't left her room for a minute scared that she might harm herself.

I stepped out of the hotel with Lina.
There was a relaxation spot on the other side. I could really use the fresh air coming from around here.

I pulled a chair for Lina before curtseying.

"After you ma'am" she gave a small smile

I sat beside her trying to create a conversation.

A man was walking towards us. I wondered who he was. He definitely wasn't coming to seat because there were empty seats scattered far round.

Lina was holding my hand the whole time.

"Lina" the young man called
She got up to leave dragging me along. He tried to stop her. That's when I decided to stand for her.

"How can we help you" I asked crossing my hands across my chest.

"Can we talk in private" he asked looking at Lina.

"Whatever you have to say has to be here" I chipped.

"Look Lina I'm truly sorry
What Happened was a mistake. I swear
I don't have anything to do with Martha."

"Tell that to the woman who was at your house 7am in the morning" I cut in.

"Who's she" the young man I came to know as Charles asked.

"Someone I wish I met seven years ago"

Lina said aggressively. You could tell she was fighting her tears.

I was caught off guard by her words. My jaw fell.

"Go away Charles, I do not want to have anything to do with you" she rebuked, her tears almost spilling.

In the blink of an eye, Lina turned to me and pulled me into her. Her lips met mine for the first time.
The world was at a stand still. Everything stopped.

My heart was beating out of my chest.
I was happy,scared, worried.angry All at once.

I wasn't thinking because I couldn't comprehend what was happening. I pulled away

The look on Charles' face was nothing

He sat down on the chair next to him. He didn't look surprise.he was calm. As though he was expecting this a long time ago.

I couldn't stand what was going on. I walked as fast as my feet could carry me back to the hotel and into my room. I closed the door behind me. I picked up my box and threw it on the bed. I shoved my clothes, shoes and accessories into it.

I heard a soft knock on the door I already knew who it was.

"What do you think you are doing?" I asked abruptly

"I like you Elle"

"It took a breakup to tell me how you feel. I was right the whole time. I'm just a third wheel" I retorted

"Please don't that" Lina said immediately reaching out to hold my hand.

I moved back so she couldn't
"Don't touch me" I said coldly

I saw the hurt in her eyes.

Now isn't the time I said to myself

I turned my back against her and I was now facing the wall so I couldn't see her face

"Go away" I said

After a while a heard the door close. My knees gave way and I sank to the floor.

******

A/N: there you are guys.. a little more suspense for the next chapters.
Keep reading.

Like, comment and vote.

Love😘