chapter 3

Noelle's POV

I'm here lying down in the hospital dress I was given.
My surgery is scheduled for this morning.

Abbey had traveled two days ago to start law school. I literally begged her to go because she didn't want to leave me behind.
She promised to call often and I was happy.

I looked at my phone and 'Abbey❤' Popped on the screen.
I smiled before answering.

'Feeling nervous?' Abbey asked

" a bit" I answered honestly

"You gonna be fine' she said slowly

" heard from Bryan yet?" She added

'He hasn't called, I guess he's busy with work' I defended

She was silent not quite believing

'Stay strong baby. I love you big head'
she said finally laughing a bit

'I love u too ' I replied before the line went dead.

.....Bryan has been my boyfriend for a year now.
He's tall, maybe 6,3 he's built with those abs.. You know..
A final year student of electrical Engineering. In my opinion, Bryan is an ideal man.
Well our relationship has been good. A few misunderstanding which is very normal.
But lately he has been busy. We hardly talk Like we used to.
Most times I lie to my friends but abbey knew better and she tried not to push it.
I think she wanted me to talk to her whenever I was ready but I always wished I could work things out with Bryan.
He's the only man I've ever felt so free relating with. Even though Bryan Is not my first boyfriend, he has been an exception.....

The door opened to interrupt my chain of thoughts,
I looked up and saw the gorgeous lady from yesterday.
She seemed to always smile which I found interesting.

Today she looked stunning. She wore a red dress with black sandals. Her hair was tied in a loose bun, her lips looked soft and moist.

Damn it
I cursed when I realized she was talking

She had caught me checking her out.

She asked me a few questions before going ahead to check my temperature.

"your surgery is in 10 minutes, I'll inform the doctor and get back to you''
She said looking me in the eye.

I felt hot inside. I couldn't explain this feeling.

Perhaps its because I am somewhere between nervous and scared I consoled myself.

The nurses came and wheeled me to the theatre not because I couldn't walk but I wasn't allowed to stress myself.

Mom had gone home to get me a few clothes while Dad was trying to make sure every item needed for the surgery was complete.

I was now at the entrance of the theatre waiting to be transferred to another bed that will be used to wheel me into the theatre.

I turned round to see if my mom was coming but it looks like she wasn't going to show up which only made me more nervous.
The nurse rubbed my shoulder and whispered a few second's of prayer . I felt at ease once more before I was finally moved to the theatre.

A/N: thank you guys for reading. Pls comment and vote.
Love😘