chapter 4

Celina's POV

I heard my colleagues talking about the new patient in the female ward.

'She's young' Dan said

"Certainly a drama queen" Kennedy added laughing

'And cute too' Dan winked

What's her name again? Sandra asked?

"Noelle Toby" Kennedy answered

I smiled knowing they were talking about the young patient who had got me thinking lately.
I see something in her eyes when she looks at me but I can't explain it.

I walked out of the call room and headed to check on my patients since I was on call this morning.

I opened the door slightly and was welcomed by that calm face that always held something interesting.

Did she just check me out?

I was blushing so hard.

I did a cross examination and left shortly after to inform the doctor about elle's surgery.

****

I was in the theatre when elle was wheeled in. She looked nervous. Her tiny figure barely took up half the size of the bed.

I chuckled at my thoughts.

A patient was rushed into the A/E almost at the same time. Dr mave asked me to go and examine the patient's condition. Which meant i couldn't stay back for elle's surgery.

*****
I was about to leave the hospital.
It was 10pm and the hallways were getting quiet by now.

"I'll see you tomorrow then" I said facing Dr. Anderson

"Remember you promised to take up my morning shift" he said

'Oh yes! That's fine then. See you on Sunday" I replied

"Thank u so much" he beamed
I just nodded and was about to go when i saw a woman walking frantically towards me.
I recognized her.

Noelle's mother

I walked up to her before she could get to me. She stopped to stable her heart beat.
I could see worry etched on her face.

"Good evening ma " I greeted

she didn't bother to reply

"I don't know what's wrong with Elle she's not talking to me and she has been crying"

I followed her to the ward.

Its been two days since I saw elle and I was happy to see her again.

Don't get me wrong. I am not the type to hit it off with my patients on a first meeting but thinking of elle made me want to dress up everyday. I can't tell if I was trying to impress her, I just found it kind of cute whenever she was checking me out..

I figured she was crying from the pain because the Anastasia has gone off completely so i prescribed some drugs and asked her mother to get them from the pharmacy.

She was hesitant to leave.

" I'll look after her " I offered

With that she left.

Truth was I needed some time with elle but I knew now was not the right time.

I sat on the chair close to the bed and placed my hands on hers.

I felt her body intensify under my touch so I took my hands off.

I couldn't stop staring at her. Even with no makeup she looked adorable. Her brown pupil making her eyes stand out. Her nose was a 'bit out of shape' maybe that was her only flaw. Her small lips looked soft.

What would it feel like to kiss them? I thought

"You talking to me? She asked

"Furgghh!! No no" I stammered

Her mother walked in suddenly

just in time.

I inhaled deeply. Before proceeding to pass the drugs through the Cannula.

' where is the nurse on call?' I asked trying my best to pass the drugs as slow as I can to avoid her feeling any more pain.

' she did not answer when I went to call her'

" what a failed system" I commented

Noelle only rolled her eyes which made me smile a bit.

Soon enough I was done and ready to leave.

"She should feel better in a bit" I announced

'Thank you so much my daughter' noelle's mother Mrs Toby said

I just nodded and left

Once outside I took a deep breathe and tried to shake the thoughts out of my head.

A/N: thank you guys so much for reading.
I know this chapter is the longest I've written so far.😉

Don't forget to comment and vote.
Love😘