Chapter 11

Noelle's POV

The sun made its way into the room. I flipped my eyes open trying to adjust to the brightness in the room.
The alarm woke me up

"Oh.. Its Lina's birthday today. I had put a reminder on my phone in order not to forget.
I walked out of my room and knocked on Lina's door. She answered almost immediately.

I thought you'd be still be asleep - I said sitting on a chair.

'I've been up a long time' she replied still in bed.

" so what are we doing for your birthday?

Have you been eavesdropping? She asked raising an eyebrow.

I chuckled before answering

"I wouldn't do that.... Lets just say I've been stalking you a little longer"

I stood up to go freshen up

"Happy birthday darling" I said blowing a kiss which she blocked jokingly.

"You might need that sooner than you think"
I said before closing the door behind me

I could hear her laugh.

****

I lay on my bed thinking of what to do to keep myself busy. Then I remembered I had to call the mall to let them know the time to deliver Lina's birthday present.

I took my bath and laid on my bed.
Breakfast was brought to my room and after eating i soon fell asleep.

*****
"My stomach is growling" i complained

Lina laid on my bed looking at the ceiling.

" Do you want to eat at the hotel's restaurant "? She asked

" the food here is so poor" I said

Lina rolled her eyes at me

"Coming from someone who doesn't know how to put on a gas"
She replied sarcastically

I threw my hands in the air in agreement.
And we both laughed.

I got a text from the staff at a nearby restaurant where I ordered a huge cake with different dishes.

Just in time I commented inwardly

I replied the text with the room number.

"You've been busy with your phone since we got here yesterday" Lina whined

I looked at her from where I sat. She looked so cute being all babyish and stuff.

"How about we go without access to the Internet for the remaining 5 days?"
I asked jokingly.

"That would be a much welcomed idea. She started
I can't stand your long hours on call with your numerous girlfriends " she concluded emphasizing the girlfriend part.

I laughed really hard. I didn't talk much with my friends And she knew it.

There was a knock on the door

"Are you expecting anyone?" she asked
Looking up at me.

"Room service I guess" I shrugged my shoulders feigning ignorance

I got up to answer the door anyway.

Different foods were on display. The cake came in first. It was a two tier red velvet cake with chocolate toppings.

I turned around to see Lina's reaction and I was immediately engulfed in a hug.

I suddenly felt hot inside I just wanted to stay in her arms for as long as I could but I knew it wasn't possible.

I slowly backed out of the hug.

I was alone with Lina by now. Everything was set and they had left.

"You didn't have to get all this" Lina began with a teary eye.

"Enough of the emotional stuff. Let's get down to work" I said trying to lighten the mood

I was literally stuffed by the time we finished eating.
A lot was still left on our plates but we had enough.

We cleared the table and rested for a bit.

******

We where getting dressed for the party tonight. Luckily Lina's birthday was on a Friday. My parcel had arrived from the mall an hour ago and I really tried not to let Lina in on her surprise just yet.

I was dressed in a denim ripped Jean and a plain white Tee with Black Adidas kick offs
My braids where tied in a bun And I did a light make up.

Lina walked in wearing a black strapless dress her 3 inch stiletto in hand.

'Don't you think this will go better'

I asked picking a shoe box wrapped in colourful papers and handed it to her

She looked at me with a questioning look and I nodded

Her eyes went wide. When she saw the 5 inch silver heels in the box.

I knew she'd like it.

She crashed into me making me fall on my pile of clothes which I brought out of the wardrobe trying to pick an outfit.

"thank you thank you thank you"

She kept screaming.

I felt happy because she was smiling and i was the reason behind that beautiful smile.
She lifted herself from Me a bit and I sat up. She looked into my eyes like she was trying to read my thoughts.

We were a few feet apart and I could smell her perfume. It was intoxicating.
I seemed to fall under her charm without warning.

My head moved slowly towards her but she did not back away.

I closed my eyes slowly.

" we're getting late " she said abruptly

Oh..yes. Sure. I stuttered Feeling really stupid.
My face went red with embarrassment.

Damn you
I said under my breath

A/N: what do you think of the story so far. Let me know in the comments

Like, comment, vote
Love😘