chapter 15

Celina's POV

Charles had followed me up to the hotel. After I left Elle's room he offered to take me somewhere I could just sit.
We ended up at the Afri moz tours.
It was busy as usual but we got a place to sit.

We sat in silence until charles spoke.

"I knew you were into women that was why I asked Martha to speak to you on the phone. She's my colleague from a project we're working on."
He said calmly.
I was shocked.
But he continued anyway.

" I noticed that u were making excuses of coming over to see me. So I asked Dr mave to keep an eye on you but he assured me you were not going out with any man.
You were always talking about this particular patient. how pretty and funny she was, you spent more time with her than we have in the last five months"

I couldn't believe the accuracy in what charles was saying... He knew all along and played dumb.

"Why didn't you confront me" I asked

"I wanted to be sure of what you had going on" was all he said.

'You know my dad owns the hotel and I manage it so I got information on the booking you made. Celina you are never one to be so close to somebody you Don't have feelings for"

I let my head drop. Yes he was right. I had feelings for Elle.

"Why did you call it off" I asked impatiently

"I didn't want to imprison you by making you marry me. I knew you loved her by the way you talked about her.
we have come a long way, we've gone through so much together but we both want different things..
I'm sure our parents will understand"

I was out of words. I just sat there staring into space.

"I lost her" was all I said before the tears began to flow

"No you haven't" Charles said pulling me into a hug

"I should let you know I like someone" he said still hugging me

"Is she pretty?" I asked half smiling with my tear stained face.

Charles tilted his head before answering

"Nothing close to you cox he's a man"

My eyes went wild.

"You asshole" I teased punching him lightly

"I'm learning from you" he joked

"When do I get to meet him?" I asked

"When you work things out with your girlfriend" he said poking my nose.

"We're not even dating" I said with a puppy face

"That's how pathetic you are when it comes to going after what you love"

"Get me out of this town already" I said while standing up to go pack my bags from that gaddamn hotel.

******

I resumed work 2 days after I arrived boksburg. I couldn't stay at home because I was definitely going to end up depressed.

It felt good to be back at the hospital after so long. This was the longest I've stayed away from the hospital.

*****
It was Sunday and I was on call. I was lying in the call room when my pager went off. I ran through the almost empty hallways to the accident and Emergency unit.
Dr mave handed me a file as we walked towards a patient shaking vigorously on the bed. Her tiny figure made her look like a model.
I spotted a woman in her early 50s standing beside the bed. I know that face

My heart skipped when realization dawned on me. I increased my footsteps.

Elle

We where able to keep her under check after a few minutes before passing some I.v drugs to her. She slept off immediately.

She was moved to the ward soon after and I was in charge of her till she gets discharged.

I had mixed feelings. I was both Happy to see Elle again but I was scared she'll push me away when she wakes up to see me.

Her condition is known as muscle spasm mostly caused by a drug reaction, a family history or mental breakdown due to stress depression or anger. And I knew for sure the answer.
Seeing her vulnerable made me hate myself.

You always mess things up I said to myself.
I sighed and excused myself out of the room.
*****

I sat at the "on call" table outside the ward waiting impatiently for Elle to wake up.
I could see her bed from where I sat.

Minutes later I heard voices from the ward where Elle was sleeping.

I watched as Elle and her sister I presume chatted .
She had a small smile on her face.
God I missed this woman so much.

Even though I was almost 6 years older than Elle I didn't feel like it whenever I was with her. And besides my stature allowed me to pass for an 18 year old despite being 26.

A/N:

Don't forget to like, comment and vote

Love 😘