chapter 8

Nolle's pov

I woke up to the sound of a message on my phone.

It was a message from Lina.

Morning beautiful. Have a great day

A smile crept into my face.

How sweet I thought.

This holiday did hold something for me.
I realized I stopped calling Bryan to know how he was.
I was always checking up on him and sometimes after several missed calls he would only message me.
I can't remember the last time he called me.

Its been over a week now and I was gradually getting detached from him.

Suddenly something hit me.

Who then was I getting attached to?

I was scared to admit it but I'll be lying if I tried to fool myself.

Lina

Her name bring smiles to face. Looks like I've been enchanted. I find myself wanting to talk to her every moment.

I need to talk to Abbey. She always has the right words to say.

****

I walked to the kitchen to wash the dishes before mom came downstairs. She had warned me to stop every chore because of my health. I got tired of explaining to her that I was fine.

Maria the help had already done the dishes. she was sweeping the house while mom was trying to prepare breakfast.

"Can I help" I asked in my baby voice as I hugged my mom from the back.

'No baby' my mom mimicked me.

' I feel useless around here' I said making a face

' then go to your room and be useful to yourself ' she said halfway before smiling.

Revealing her set of tiny white teeth, which abbey inherited. Her gap tooth which I managed to steal and her dimple my brother was fortunate to take.

We looked mostly like my mom. The only thing we Inherited from my dad was his height and slender stature.

*****

I was going through my Facebook page when I saw a familiar face. The name struck in my head.

Celina Derrel

I went through her profile and checked her photos.

She's hot. I said momentarily

Her birthday was in two weeks. Maybe she didn't want me to know that is why she never mentioned it.

I thought about getting her a birthday present and ran out of ideas so I decided to call Abbey.

"Hey baby"

I smiled Before speaking
' law school seems harder than I thought'

She sighed.
"Trust me girl I feel like coming home. Its not fun here"

'Coming from a social butterfly' I said sarcastically.

Abbey has always been the one to have a lot of friends while I was the introvert who preferred to stay at home, watch movies, eat popcorn and sleep on the couch.

Yeah abbey calls me a Douche bag.

"So I'm trying to get a gift for my friend's birthday, what do you suggest?"

"Who's she?" Abbey asked

I felt my face go red.

"A friend" was all I could mutter.

"Same friend you've been hanging out with lately?" She asked

I became uncomfortable.

I gave a short reply
'Yeah'

" you like her don't you?" Abbey asked rather excitedly.

I was at a loss. The conversation was getting too intimate. But abbey had figured it out so I couldn't lie to her.

Aren't you mad at me? I questioned.

Uhm..she started
"a little bit because you let me find out by myself. But its fine kiddo. Love doesn't care the gender. In as much as I'd prefer a brother in-law, I think you should give it a try and if it doesn't turn out great. Go get yourself a man"

I was quite for a while.

"You're not allowed to say a word to anyone about this" I warned

She giggled before speaking
"Its our little secret"

I felt relieved but that hasn't answered my curiosity of what to get her.

" have you told her yet?" Abbey asked

"What? I asked raising an eyebrow as though she could see me

"That you like her silly" Abbey replied a little too serious

Which got both of us laughing

" I'm scared she might turn me down" I answered

"You've always been a chicken" she said jokingly.

" I was thinking of getting her a present for her birthday which is two weeks away" I said hesitantly.

"You could take her to a nice restaurant, buy her dinner and tell her you like her. It's that simple dude"

I rolled my eyes

"First of all I'm a lady, second of all I'm nervous as shit"
I said almost feeling the nervousness in me grow.

"I think you should get to Know her better that way you'd know what she'll like,
Do that and get back to me if you still run out of ideas..
Take to you later baby doll. I've got classes to attend and grades to smash"

I smiled at that.

"Love you" I replied and hung up.

A/N: thank you guys for the support.
Remember to vote and comment.
Love😘