Chapter 16

Celina's POV

I walked into the ward with a tray on my hand.

Elle's eyes met with mine and I could see the surprise mixed with hurt Which immediately changed to something I couldn't read.

" Uhm... Hi" I stammered
"You scared us so much hope you feel better now?" I asked trying to sound casual but failing.

"Hi I'm Abbey " the lady who had been there announced stretching her hand towards me.

I shook her hands .

"And you are?" I asked hoping that she was just a friend

"Elle's big sister" she replied smiling a bit.

"By the way I'm Celina... I started.

Abbey shot a look at Elle then back at me. I couldn't look at either women.

I hope you've eaten Cox the nurse needs to give you some meds.

I'll just drop this here while you wait on the nurse.

Elle was quiet. She just nodded a couple of times.

*****
It was Friday. I was off today.
I had been sleeping since I didn't have anyone to visit.

I decided to go to the waterfall around noon because it was freaking hot.

I lay on one of the rocks that was displayed beside the waterfall. The calmness of the surrounding Making me feel relaxed. I was engulfed In my thoughts as I lay there for what seemed like hours.

I had been off social media since the incident with Elle. I didn't feel the need to be there.

I was so obsessed that anytime I was on Facebook I would go through her profile to check out her photos and recent activities.
The last time I checked her profile she had updated her relationship status to 'complicated'
My heart squirmed in my chest and I couldn't hold back my tears.

WhatsApp wasn't a better idea either.
I found myself going through our last conversations and I wondered how we went from sweet to sour in a couple of months.

The sound from my phone brought me back to reality.
It was a call from my colleague Faith
We've been really good friends since I came to netcare hospital.

"How about we go somewhere nice later. I'm sure you'll have fun"

I wasn't in the mood to party or even go out. She knew I was going to say no so she was bent on getting me out of my house.

"I want you to meet someone" she announced

"Urghhh.. you know I'm not good at this blind dates"
I hesitated

"You'll like her.. she's so cool" faith continued.

"Can we just hang out together. No third party" I pleaded

"As long as you leave that dungeon you call safe space" she reiterated

"Whatever" I just rolled my eyes

" See you at seven" she said before the line went off.

*****

I wore a black strapless dress that stopped mid thigh. With a flat covered shoe the dress was a little bit too revealing but I didn't mind.

I picked up my jacket that was lying somewhere around the room.
My key and purse was on the coffee table so I didn't have to look for them.

I stepped outside and Faith was just about to drive in.

"Right on time" Faith said smiling at me.

"Thanks for not keeping me waiting" I replied.

We both laughed.

Faith was known for her late coming. She was always late for rounds, appointments and sometimes surgeries.

I got into the car with faith. We immediately got into a discussion like we've not seen each other for a month.
Meanwhile we work in the same unit.
Our posting always came at the same time. Most times we were even posted to the same unit.

We arrived at a club on the outskirts of town.

It was a new gay club. I learnt that from faith.
*****

The club was filled with people. The smell was a mixture of alcohol and people's Bodies colliding into each other.

Never knew we had so many gay people in boksburg.

I managed to pull Myself through a huge crowd.

"Drinks?" Faith called

"I'll have vodka" I yelled so she could hear me.

Our drinks came in shortly. We sat at a corner sipping our drinks and talking.

"You look stressed" she analyzed

"Trust me, You would look worse if you worked round the clock" I chipped

"Or heartbroken" she said raising an eyebrow

"You could say that" I replied sinking into the chairs

"What are you doing to yourself" she questioned

"I've lost the one person I really ever cared about" my tears were on edge this time but I tried my best to suck it in.

I put my face in the croak of her neck and sobbed while she just held me. We finally pulled apart but her eyes stayed glued to mine. I could see something different. Something new.

Her face leaned towards mine filling the space between us.
My heart was racing I closed my eyes trying not to think of what was about to happen. I could feel her breathe on my face.

Please don't i prayed

Just then someone collided into us and spilled their drink on my dress.

****

A/N: thanks you guys for your immense support.

Don't forget to like comment and vote

Love😘