Chapter 5

Welcome to Chapter 5 - enjoy this new chapter!!

Derek POV

Once again I followed everyone outside as soon as the announcement was made, even though I don't always show it towards him Stiles had become just as much as a little brother to me as Scott had done over these past years.

"Stiles, what do you have for me this time? Can I get a second trolley please?" Melissa shouted as soon as she rounded the corner and saw Stiles this time not holding not just one person up but two.

On his left-side he had a lady who was splattered with blood and like the others seemed unresponsive like the others but apart from that looked not that injured. On his right-side he held over his shoulder a younger boy to the others, my guess he was only about thirteen at the most from what I could make out from when Stiles lay him down on the waiting trolley.

"This is Chuck, he was shot in the chest saving Thomas's life, he was saved by the company but the wound reopened during our escape. I wrapped it with what I had left supply wise. He needs the same protocol as the rest please." Stiles explained before gently laying the girl onto the new trolley that had arrived.

"This is Teresa, she got Thomas to safety before the building she was standing on the roof collapsed from underneath her. I managed to save her before she hit the ground but.." Stiles started before violently coughing which caused blood to come out of his mouth.

"Stiles!" Scott said attempting to go towards him but Stiles held his hand up stopping him before wiping the blood away and continuing like that hadn't happened.

"But I am not sure of her injuries as she battled with Thomas before they reached the roof. Raf, one more." Stiles turned and walked out before we could stop him as the lady was whisked away and as per the new normal once we re-entered the room Scott's Dad went onto his laptop and brought the files up for Teresa and Chuck and showed them us.

" Stiles turned and walked out before we could stop him as the lady was whisked away and as per the new normal once we re-entered the room Scott's Dad went onto his laptop and brought the files up for Teresa and Chuck and showed them us

"Hang on like that other one Newt, both of these read that they were killed in battle, the younger one over five months ago

"Hang on like that other one Newt, both of these read that they were killed in battle, the younger one over five months ago. If this is true how are they alive now? Rafael, you need to explain the rest of what you know before Stiles returns." I state more firmly as I hated seeing Stiles hurt and not letting us help him and you can tell he is getting worse.

"W.I.C.K.E.D were a branch of the Government's scientific programme that was tasked with finding a cure for a virus that was only known by the code name of The Flare. From the information Stiles managed to provide us the virus attacked the brain and turned it's victims into mindless vicious zombies." Rafael started to explain again.

"The scientists discovered that there was a certain gene embedded in DNA that gave the person a natural defence and protection from the virus. They decided without approval to start Human Trials to see how the test subjects would adapt to situations and whether this affected the DNA sequence enough that it could be harvested from them as they found those with the more active brains had higher levels."

"Out of all of those they tested it was shown that Teresa, Thomas and Minho carried the gene but it was stronger in Thomas compared the rest as once extracted from him and tested on the virus itself it didn't just fight it but it killed it, Thomas is one out of two of the cures for The Flare." Rafael explained about it all but I noticed he had said one of the cures.

"Hang on, you said that this Thomas is one of the cures, who is the other person?" I ask dreading the answer I may receive as I knew the answer without thinking about it.

"There is a reason they look so familiar and act and think in almost the same way, the other person is Stiles. He was found to have the same DNA markers and gene that cures The Flare. This is why Stiles was chosen as W.I.C.K.E.D wanted both parts." Rafael answered the way I thought he would.

Thank you for reading - new chapter will be up shortly!!