Chapter 34

Welcome to Chapter 34 - I can't believe I am even up to this chapter number - thank you everyone for your support with this story, here is the new chapter, enjoy!!

Scott POV

Of all the answers I expected to come out of Thomas's mouth I didn't expect them words, what does he mean that he can't? He helped us get Stiles out of the tank, guided us out of the Maze, helped us fight our way out of there and now he saying this.

"What do you mean you can't, Thomas?" I ask trying to remain as calm as I can but know I am failing quickly.

"I'm sorry but he made me promise not to tell you, I didn't want to go through with it but he made me promise." Thomas stumbles out before breaking down crying and pulling his knees into his chest.

"Oh Thomas, what did you do?" Teresa asks before walking away to take a seat on a nearby bench.

I hear sirens arriving behind me and I turn to see the Sheriff rushing over with Parrish and Deaton coming close behind him looking very concerned.

"Someone has ten seconds to tell me what the hell is going on here!" Sheriff shouts as soon as he arrives with us.

"We came here to speak to Thomas about Stiles, we were concerned about some changes we had noticed and were hoping he could clarify a few things for us." Lydia states quickly in quite a calm voice while she tried not to look the Sheriff in the eye.

"Why not just speak to Stiles about it? Or better yet why not talk to me, I am his Father for goodness sake." Sheriff questions looking around the group, still unaware of the bombshell that I was about to drop.

"It's not him!" Thomas mumbles out from the pit causing Sheriff and Parrish to step closer to him as though they were trying to hear him better.

"What do you mean Thomas? How is it not him?" Parrish asks his voice shaking slightly also as though he was trying to remain calm also.

Silence filled the area as everyone held there breathe looking at Thomas to explain to Sheriff what is happened with his son.

"TELL ME!!" Sheriff shouts out making everyone jump as his voice which echoes around the quiet area.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry he made me promise to follow the plan. When we saved him from the tank it wasn't really him, it was one of his Spark versions. A deal needed to be made with W.I.C.K.E.D to allow everyone to live, this was the only plan he could think of that saved everyone." Thomas stumbles out between floods of tears as he explains what happened.

"Are you telling me that I left my Son behind in the hand of them monsters?" Sheriff asks dropping to his knees near the pit looking solely at Thomas who is shaking in a ball.

"I swear to you I didn't want to, I wanted to tell you all so much in the Glade thinking we could have found another way but he made me promise to get you all home safe. He did this so you all could carry on with your lives and be free." Thomas advises as I settle on the ground next to Sheriff, trying to come to terms with the news we were receiving.

"You should have still told us, I get you don't really know us but we are your family just as much as we are Stiles's. We figured on the plane that something was happening but assumed you would have just told us when you were feeling better." Derek states sounding more calmer as I can hear his heart rate settling down slowly.

"So what do we do now? Obviously we can't keep Thomas locked in there forever, even if he has been a total Shank not telling us the truth over what has happened." Minho states looking disappointed at Thomas over the actions he has done.

"Right now we need to locate Spark Stiles, he can fill us in on what has happened with Stiles since you all left and answer any other questions we have so we can create a rescue plan." Deaton advises as I rise of the ground with the Sheriff before turning to face the group.

"Well that should be the easies part of the plan then, Stiles is at home waiting for me to get back to start our film day." Lydia advises before Parrish and Sheriff share a concerned look between the pair of them.

"What is it?" I asks noticing the rise in certain Chemo signals as Lydia mentions that Stiles is at his house.

"He's not there! We stopped by to pick him up after receiving Deaton's call to head here and he wasn't there. His motorbike is gone also, we assumed he was already here so grabbed Deaton and headed right here." Parrish explains as he looks around as though trying to spot Stiles hiding amongst the crowd.

"Hang on let me call Dad to see if he has seen or heard from him today." I state taking my phone out dialling his number before popping it on loud speaker.

"Scott! Is everything okay?" Dad's voice sounds out as soon as he picks up the phone, concern evident in the tone he is using.

"Dad your on loud speaker with everyone, have you spoke to or seen Stiles recently?" I asks before holding my breath, hoping that he had some answers for us.

"Not today I haven't but I received a really weird message from him last night. He started talking and then just told me never mind and then the message just ended. I haven't managed to reach him since, why what's happening?" Dad states and I am getting more concerned now over what is happening to both versions of Stiles.

"It's not him, Thomas just informed us that the Stiles we took out of the Maze with us is a Spark copy and we left the real one behind." Lydia advises tears running down her face as she speaks and I notice Teresa coming over from the bench to comfort her.

"Oh for the love of Stiles!! I am heading back to town now, let me just see if any of our other contacts have heard from him first." Dad states before hanging up the phone as I go to pop it away.

Before I can get my phone back into my pocket, it starts ringing again and I look to see it's Mum calling me. That's strange, she is on the late shift today so shouldn't be done for at least five more hours.

"Mum, what's up! Your on speaker with everyone including Parrish, Sheriff and Deaton." I advise picking up the call noticing concerned looks on many faces as I voice who it is.

"Get to the hospital now!! We are under attack!!" Mum shouts through the phone catching everyone's attention as an explosion is heard from the other side.

"Mum!!! Are you okay? Speak to me!!" I shout into the phone as Derek opens the Pit door knowing everyone is needed.

"OMG Stiles!" Mum states before the line goes dead and I race over with everyone to the cars before heading off to the hospital while getting Lydia to message Dad to meet us there.

Thank you for reading - new chapter will be up sooner then you think!!!