Chapter 25

Welcome to Chapter 25 - I still have no idea what to write on these or whether or not they are required - so here is the next chapter, enjoy!!!

Rafael POV

Once Spark disappeared we all stood for a moment in a stunned silence with only the sound of people breathing filling the air. I was confused not only by the message he had given us on behalf of the real Stiles but the warning he had given as he vanished.

I was broken from my thoughts swiftly by the sound of the Maze doors slamming shut followed quickly by a new sound of banging coming from around all of us. The only ones seeming uneffected by the sounds were the Gladers.

"What is that sound?" Melissa asks the room as we all head outside to see what is happening and work out where it is coming from.

"It's the Maze changing, it used to do it every night when we were here last time but it hasn't since we arrived here. I guess this is part of their plan, allow us to find the easiest path to Stiles and Thomas and then change it so we have a limited amount of time to save them." Alby states through gritted teeth.

Before anyone could speak a loud alarm starts sounding followed by the sound of a lift coming up, I noticed the Gladers started running towards the centre of the Glade where a metal grate was located.

I quickly follow along with everyone else to see what was happening, as we arrive the sound stops and the grate seemed to have risen to now show a metal box.

"What is this?" I ask as I watch Gally and Minho pull the doors aside and open up the grate.

"When we were here before this is how people would arrive, once a month along with supplies and anything else we may need. It was like clock work, once a month for three years until Teresa here arrived and you all know the rest." Newt states stepping forward to look inside the box.

When I looked into the box, I saw a man lay on his side with his hand at his side gripping a piece of paper tight along with a few boxes of supplies all stamped with W.I.C.K.E.D's logo on it.

As Minho and Gally started to unload the boxes from around the man, I notice Derek and Malia stepping forwards towards the man both moving slowly.

"Is that who I think it is?" Scott asks and I look down again trying to work out who it was as Malia and Derek rolled him over to his back to show his face.

"Peter!" Everyone shouts in recognition at the same time as his face comes clear to everyone, Malia grabs the note that he is holdig in his hand and step back as Melissa leans forward to check him over.

"He's alive, lets move him to the Medical Tent until he wakes up. Derek, can you help me please?" Melissa asks and Derek scoops Peter into his arms and carries him to the Tent with Melissa behind him.

"Malia, what does the note say?" Lydia asks placing her hand on Malia's arm who seems shocked at what was written in the note. Without speaking she just hands the note to Lydia before walking off in the direction of Derek, Peter and Melissa.

Lydia carefully opens the note and after reading it bursts into tears before clasping the note tightly in her hand.

Sheriff and Scott both grab her gently into a hug and they gently lower her to the ground allowing her to let the emotion out. Scott moves Lydia into the Sheriff's arms and gently takes the note from Lydia's hand before rising to his feet and opens the note.

"Scott, what does the note say?" I ask getting more nervous over what was written after seeing Lydia's reaction and the look on my son's face as he reads the note.

Scott lifts his head up to face us all as tears start streaming down his face before he drops the note to the ground before taking off running into the forest nearby with Liam and Parrish running after him, moments later a loud roar of an animal in pain was sounded closely.

I watch as Chris hesitantly bends over to pick up the fallen note from the ground and reading it himself before handing it to the Sheriff who was still comforting Lydia on the ground and walking off in the direction of the Medical tent. His upper body shaking as he walks away and I look at the others who didn't know what the note said and they all held the same concerned confused look that I am pretty sure is on my face.

Once the Sheriff reads the note, his head drops and more tears appear in his eyes as he drops the note on the ground and scoops the now asleep Lydia into his arms carrying her off towards the sleeping area.

Minho grabs the note from the ground and the remainder of us look over his shoulder to read the note and I couldn't believe what I was reading.

I didn't know what to do, I didn't know whether to scream, cry, punch something or do everything. Minho dropped the note to the ground as everyone left in different directions each of them with the same expression painted on their face. I just stayed frozen trying to process what I had just read on the note, was it true what it said?

I walked away towards the wall leaving the note on the ground not wanting to see those words again. As I reach the entrance closest to where Stiles and Thomas are located I placed my hand on the wall before placing my head on top of it and allowed the tears I had been holding in come out.

I gradually sit down at the base of the wall still leaning my head up against it and close my eyes hoping this was all just a bad dream and I would wake up and we would all be safe and sound at the hospital again.

I hear sticks break next to me and lift my head to see everyone had come to join me including Lydia, Sheriff, Derek and Scott. Scott came and sat next to me and I wrapped and arm around my son who was looking so fragile and broken, Frypan handed out a drink to everyone before Alby cleared his throat.

"I wish to make a toast, to new and old friends whether here or departed we are all bonded together in love" Alby stated raising his glass as we all followed suit.

Thank you for reading - new chapter will be up soon!!!