Chapter 38

Welcome to Chapter 38 - thank you once again everyone for your support with this story - I am just going to dive straight in as I have treated you all to a long chapter - so enjoy!!!

Lydia POV

As I stare down at his sleeping face I can't help but think of all the times we have been here before, too many times for my liking but I guess this is the price I pay for been Supernatural but it's no fair to him as he is only human.

I sit back in my chair so I am not hovering over him as I notice him start to shift like he is about to wake up. Just as I decide I may have got it wrong his eyes peel open before he moves his head to the side I am currently sitting on.

"Lydia!" Stiles's asks his voice sounding dry and sleepy but I can't help a smile that appears on my face as he speaks to me.

"Yeah it's me, how are you feeling? I should go get Melissa." I ask him before I go to rise from my seat but he stops me by holding my hand.

"Please not yet, I just want it to be me and you for just a little bit. I have missed you so much! This moment has kept me going for the past few weeks." Stiles states tightly gripping my hand as though assuring himself that this real and not a dream or illusion.

Hang on what does he mean the past few weeks, he was only in surgery for just over an hour and before that it had only been a day or so since I had last seen him. Unless this was...

"My Stiles!!!" I shout aloud before diving into his arms and grasping him tightly before I remember his injuries and back away whispering apologises.

"It's me Lydia, it's your Stiles." Stiles advises through deep breathes as though trying to control his pain.

As I look into his eyes I realise what he is saying is true but for some reason this makes me get angry that the real Stiles is back.

"You complete and utter arse Stiles, how dare you do that to us? Allow us to escape with a photocopy version of yourself so we wouldn't come back to save you!!" I shout at him before I start smacking him before the door behind me opens.

"Lydia, what are you doing?" Dr Geyer scolds me like a naughty school child as I stop hitting him and sink back into the chair next to him bed.

"I'm sorry!" I state and I don't even know myself whether I am aiming it at Stiles or Dr Geyer more as I lower my head in shame.

"Hey, it's okay. Believe me I have been expecting a worse response to my crazy plan. It's nice to see you again Dr Geyer." Stiles states gripping my hand gently again as I rise my head up with tears dripping down.

"Stiles, nice to see that your awake. How are you feeling?" Dr Geyer answers and I can hear the relief evident in his voice that he is awake.

"I'm fine!" Stiles answers quite shortly giving his signature answer for any time any one ever asked him how he was. Yep this is definitely my Stiles.

Before any more questions can be asked I get a sudden rushing feeling come over me suddenly, the last time I felt this way.. nope I am not thinking of that time.

"Stiles? Lydia? What's wrong? You both just went very pale with your eyes rolling around as though you were about to pass out." Dr Geyer asks us both and I am surprised he said it happened to the pair of us.

"Somethings happening, I need to get out of here now." Stiles advises before starting to pull the wires and tubes that had been connected to him off him before attempting to stand from the bed.

"You are not going anywhere young man, you literally just woke up from surgery." Dr Geyer advises as he grabs Stiles's arms holding him in place before he is able to fully get of the bed.

"I have to go please, I am the only one that can save him. I can't lose him!" Stiles begs Dr Geyer and I know exactly who he was speaking about as I feel his name building on the tip of my tongue but I am holding back the scream.

"We need to let him go. He's right something is happening and he is the only one that can bring him back." I advise as Dr Geyer lets go of Stiles's arms before stepping back as though registering properly what I had said.

"Who? Who does he need to bring back, Lydia?" Dr Geyer asks me and I don't know how to answer the question in front of Stiles.

"Something has happened at the Station and he needs me to save him otherwise he is going to die or technically stay dead." Stiles answers rising from the bed as tears appear in his eyes, but how does he know this?

Is it from the other Stiles he is getting messages from or is it something else?

"Who is it? Stiles, who do you need to bring back to life?" Dr Geyer asks again obviously worried we are on about his Son and I know that this time there is no avoiding the answer as Stiles grasps hold of his hand and pulls her closer to him again before whispering the name in his ear.

"Let me grab my bag along with some equipment, I will come with you as others may be in need of assistance. Also I can keep an eye on you as I could lose my job if anything more happens to you." Dr Geyer advises with tears shining in his eyes before he rushes out of the room.

As I step around the table I grab a bag that Melissa had dropped in earlier with, it contained some clothes and toiletries from the Sheriff. I place it down on the bed before opening it up and handing over a plain black t-shirt and black combat trousers to Stiles and turn to give him some privacy to get changed.

"How do you know? Is it the other you showing you or something else?" I ask him as he gets changed, curiosity getting the better of me at this time.

"Side effect to what W.I.C.K.E.D have done to me. It's okay you can turn around and face me now I am changed." Stiles advises as I turn around to look at him, a level of confidence seems to be radiating of him as he opens the bag and grabs out his jacket before reaching to grab my hand.

"I will explain later what happened, I promise you but right now..." Stiles starts before trailing off as I place my hand on his face and get him to look me in the eyes.

"It's okay! Just tell me when you are ready." I state as Dr Geyer opens the door and we all head towards the car area. I get into the back with Stiles and I watch him carefully as we get closer to the station.

As we arrive, we are instantly greeted with a scene of carnage. Fire and smoke were still coming out of the station as people and vehicles were moving here there and everywhere, some in panic to the ones trying to sort out what had happened.

As the car stops we all jump out instantly, I head over to Stiles's side not wanting to leave it again as Dr Geyer heads towards the triage area to see how he can assist. A sense of death seems to be hanging over the area as my eyes whip around trying to spot anyone from the pack as my eyes land on Teresa.

"Rafael, Chris and Teresa are you all okay?" I ask the group as I pull Stiles towards them, his eyes had been locked on the building since we had arrived.

"We're okay, we wasn't inside when it happened. Thomas got us out just before the blast went off. Stiles, good to see your awake but should you be here right now, also which one are you? Are you able to speak normally?" Teresa rattles off giving us both a tight hug before Chris and Rafael follow suit.

But he doesn't answer Teresa, instead he starts running towards the station before we all race after him. Just as he reaches the door Chris and Rafael grab him and stop him from opening what was left of the door and pull him back slightly.

"You can't go in there yet it is not safe. Stiles, stop fighting us we are trying to help you." Rafael advises as he struggles with the fighting Stiles who is trying to break through the grip.

"You have to let me go, I need to save him." Stiles yells before breaking through their grip and disappears inside.

"Lydia, what is he talking about? Who does he need to save?" Teresa asks as she fights back the panic and tears that are building up inside her.

"Who is it Lydia?"

Thank you for reading - any guesses on who it could be???  - new chapter will be up shortly!!!