𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
Ꮖ'Ꮇ ᏚᎾ ᏚᎾᎡᎡY

"Be careful," Y/n whispers into Isabelle's shoulder as she stood by her horse, fully kitted out in her uniform and ODM gear. "Please..."

"We will!" Isabelle assures the h/c haired girl. "I promise!" She rubs up and down on y/n's back as the girl pulls away, slightly teary-eyed.

"But why aren't you going on the expedition?" She asks curiously, tilting her head.

"I'm on temporary leave." She says dismissively, waving her off. Turning to the two men who were standing beside Isabelle and pulling their horses by the reigns, she walks over to them and pulls furlan into a hug.

"Be safe." She demands, turning to Levi who narrowed his eyes as she walked closer.

"Don't hug me." He says curtly. "Touch me and I will break your nose again." Y/n snorts and rolls her eyes before chuckling.

"Fine," she sighs. "But you be safe too. I'll be waiting your guys' return later this evening!"
She gives them an uneasy, lopsided smile as she walks away, leaving them to have their own conversation as she makes her way over to Hange and Erwin.

"You better come back as well." She hugs hange tightly, making the woman's face turn slightly blue before releasing her.

"I will y/n!" Hange assures her, placing a hand on her head and ruffling her hair. "Don't worry about me!"

Y/n nods slightly, turning to look up at Erwin, who was looking down at her with a raised eyebrow.

After a few minutes of silently staring at each other, y/n grumbles under her breath and house right up onto the toes of her boots to hug the large man around the shoulders.

"I'm sorry for being such a bitch the past few days." She says, feeling him lean down while wrapping his arms around her waist to return the embrace.

"I'm sorry for being insensitive." He said as the two pulled away, y/n pouting slightly.

"Come back safe." She says just as the commander whistles for everyone to mount their horses and get into formation.

"I'll see you all later!" She yells as everyone's horses start to trot away, slowly getting faster until they were fading from view.

"Don't leave me all alone...please..." she whispers to herself, turning on her heel and walking back toward the headquarters building.

There were only a few people left in the building after everyone had left for the expedition, a couple of scientists who mostly worked with Hange and the cook who spent most of his day in the kitchen, so y/n wasn't very well acquainted with any of them.

She dragged her feet behind her as she trudged into her and Isabelle's shared bedroom and flopped brown onto her bed, staring up at the ceiling before throwing her arm over her eyes and sighing heavily.

The morning sun beamed in through the window, casting a soft warm glow into the room, also illuminating all of the dust particles floating around the room.

Pulling her arm away from her eyes, she turns on her side to watch dust dance around in the sunlight, making her narrow her eyes. Abruptly, she swung herself upright and stood from the bed, making her way over to the window and launching it open.

"I need to do something..." she tells herself, rushing out of the room and out of the building again, beeping straight toward the ODM gear shed.

The dust kicks up beneath her feet as she jogs toward the shed, using a pin from her hair to unlock the door, swinging it open and grabbing a set of the ODM gear harnesses.