𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
ᎢᎻᏆNᏩᏚ ᎻᎪᏢᏢᎬN

"Ooh, this colour really makes your eyes pop!" Y/n's mother said excitedly as she applied eyeshadow to y/n's eyes, making her flinch and squint.

"Yeah?" Y/n humoured her mother, closing her eyes gently. "Where did dad and Levi go?"

M/n rolled her eyes, setting down the eyeshadow brush and picking up a red lipstick.
"Not a clue." She hummed. "But y/n, I'm sorry your father acted like that."

Opening up her eyes, y/n looked at her mother's frowning face, her eyebrows pulled together and fine wrinkles decorating her forehead.

"It's fine." Y/n sighs. "I've never seen him act like that before though."

Grabbing y/n by the chin, m/n tilts her head and starts to apply the lipstick to her lips.

"Nor have I," she admits. "He's been on edge since he got back from his business trip with Dr Yeager last week."

Y/n hummed curiously, raising her eyebrow. "What was the trip for?"

Her mother shrugged her shoulders, shaking her head as she put away the lipstick and admired her work.
"Not sure," she huffed. "Ever since those two met it was like they had a huge secret."

"So he's having an affair-" y/n laughed, covering her mouth with the back of her hand.

"Y/n!" M/n gaped, holding back a laugh. "Don't be ridiculous..." she tutted.

"You already asked him that didn't you?!" Y/n cackles, rolling onto her back and clutching her stomach as her mother pouts like a child.

"I may have brought it up..." she turned her nose up, closing her eyes and crossing her arms.

Y/n continued to lay on her back and laugh, her knees practically to her chest as the tears streamed down her face.

"Oh my..." she wheezed, wiping the tears away and sitting up.
"I'm actually crying."

Her mother snapped her eyes open and immediately grabbed a handkerchief and wiping away the tears to try and preserve the makeup.

"You're ruining your makeup!" She fussed, scowling while y/n tried to fully regain her breath.

Looking at her daughter, m/n stopped for a moment to take in her grinning face.
The eyeshadow had worn at the edges and trailed off and the foundation base had obvious tear streaks in it.

"I'm so happy you're okay, y/n." She pulled her into a hug, gently stroking her soft h/c hair.

Y/n stayed silent but continued to smile, reaching her arms around her to hug back.

"So..." y/n hummed in response. "When am I gonna get grandkids?"

Levi narrowed his eyes at the man sat across from him, the two of them having a staring contest, neither of them prepared to back down.

F/n looked completely drained, dark circles under his eyes, worry lines on his forehead and a frown on his lips.

"How long have you and my daughter been together?" He questioned, running his hand down her face.

"We aren't." Levi crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back.
"Like we said, we need to figure some stuff out."

F/n hummed in understanding, closing his eyes briefly before reopening them.
"Did you know I was training her to be a doctor?" He asks, breathing through his nose with amusement.

"Oh yeah?" Levi raised an eyebrow, earning a nod from F/n.

"She was amazing at it, but she didn't like it." The man played with the plain gold wedding band on his finger, twisting it in a full circle.
"So she dropped her studies and ran off to the Cadet Corps, she told me she was going to join the MPs but, we know what really happened."

"Must've been difficult." Levi reaches for the cup of tea in front of him, drinking the remainder of it before setting it down again.

"It is." F/n nods solemnly. "I fear I may lose her at any minute, especially now that there are Titans amongst us..."

Levi scrunched his face up, uncrossing his arms and sitting up a little straighter.
"Titans amongst us?" He asked suspiciously. "What are you-"

The door to the mess hall slammed open and y/n's mother came into the room carrying three shopping bags on each arm.

"Okay!" She cheered, rushing over and shooing her husband from his chair at the table. "Go see y/n, and apologise for being an ass!"

Quickly shuffling out of the room, F/n closed the door behind him again before the enthusiastic woman placed all of the bags on the table.

"Y/n told me you liked tea!" She reached into the first bags and pulled out half a dozen metal boxes of tea and dropping them on the table.
"I got you some other flavours to try!"

Levi watched with wide eyes as M/n started to bombard him with a varying array of gifts, pulling out shoes and clothes and showing them off.

"I thought you'd look good in grey so I got you this!" She pulled out a grey long-sleeved t-shirt before folding it and setting it on the table.
"Oh! And a suit!" She pushed a bag toward him, not bothering to pull it out.

After she had finally got through each item, m/n dropped into a chair, red in the face from rambling while she tried to catch her breath.

"Thank you..?" Levi said though it came out as more of a question as he side-eyed the shopping bags that were sat beside him.

"Anytime sweetie!" She waved him off, straightening herself before glancing around the room suspiciously.

"But there is one more thing I want to give you..." she whispered.

Curiously, Levi watches as she reaches around her neck and unhooks a silver chain, one that he had never noticed from underneath the array of much more extravagant necklaces.

"This might be a bit soon to give to you, but you never know when you might decide to use it." She held the chain out to him, along him to grab it.

Laying in the palm of his hand was a ring, making his eyes widen.
Glancing between in the ring and the woman in front of him who was looking at him with an expectant grin, his face exploded in a hundred shades of red.

"A-a ring?" He sputtered out, reaching up with his green hand to cover the lower half of his face and immediately holding out the chain again for her to take it back.
"I don't...I don't think I'll need this anytime s-soon."

M/n threw her head back in laughter.
"Who would have thought you were so easily flustered!" She squealed, looking at his bright red face.

Regaining her composure, m/n clasped her hands around Levi's that held the ring, staring him in the eye.

"This life is random, especially with
y/n." She said seriously.
"Things happen and we can't control it, trust me, you'll want to have this on you at all times if you think you want to spend your life with my daughter."

Slowly, Levi nodded, pulling his hand back and still clutching the ring in his hand, unable to see what it looks like.

"I'll keep it with me."