𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

⁺˚*・༓☾𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

ᗰᖇ ᖇᗩᒪ

The gate of wall rose slowly rose up, the brick grinding loudly against itself as the scouts slowly moved through on foot while guiding their horses.
Y/n grips Slinky's reins tightly as they make their way through the crowded streets, the townsfolk watching and whispering.

After their shortstop, y/n and Levi had gotten muddled into the middle of the group, far from the front where they had originally been.

The mocking whispers bashed against y/n's ears, making her grit her teeth but she maintained a neutral expression.

"So cool!" A loud childish voice cut through the tension-filled air.

"They're still raring to go, you gotta be made of nails to ride with these guys! They're unstoppable!"

Y/n felt a grin tug at her lips as she looked around for the child giving them so much praise, eyes landing on a boy with a singular chipped tooth standing next to a younger girl.
His face was as bright as the sun when he caught her looking at him.

She waved, smiling at him and the little girl, making both of them wave back frantically.

Levi, who was walking beside her, looked at y/n, frowning slightly as she tore her gaze from the children, her face falling into a more calm expression once again.

"Excuse me, Captain Levi sir!" A middle-aged man ran up between Y/n and Levi.

Y/n glanced at him from the side but didn't think anything of it, it's not the first time someone has tried to talk to Levi on the way back from an expedition.

"Yes, Uhm, I'm petra's father sir!" His voice wavered slightly, obviously nervous by Levi's intimidating expression.

Y/n felt sick to her stomach hearing the man talk but continued to look ahead.

Pretra wasn't under her command, it wasn't her place to tell him.

"I'd like to discuss something before she sees us!" He continues, pulling a white envelope from his pocket.
"You see, I received this letter from her not long ago! She said you handpicked her yourself, she was quite excited about it, in fact, it seems she's utterly devoted to you in every way!"

Y/n looked over the man's shoulder at Levi, his face paler than usual with a clenched jaw.

"So devoted, her mother and I are a bit concerned you see." He laughed nervously as Levi still didn't make eye contact with the man.
"Now, I know fathers can have trouble letting go, but I still feel she's far too young to be thinking about marriage!"

Levi darted his eyes past the man, looking straight at y/n.
Quickly, y/n reached under her Cape and violently tore the patch off of her breast pocket, placing her hand on the man's shoulder.

"Sir, a moment please?" She asked softly, smiling up at the man.

"Oh Uhm, of course!"

Y/n and Levi both handed their horses off and stepped off into an alleyway with the man.

Grabbing levis hand, she shoved her recently torn off patch into his hand as they came to a stop.

"Mr Ral, this may not be the best timing but Captain Levi would like to tell you something."
She explained, stepping aside to give the two men a little bit of space as Levi cleared his throat.

"Sir, I am very sorry, but petra was unable to survive the mission..."
Levi said, holding the patch out to the man.
"Due to unfortunate circumstances we were unable to bring back the bodies of the deceased, but Petra's sacrifice was not for nothing, I will carry her burdens with me until I die."