Chapter seven: Astronomy

A month had passed since the Prewett sibling pranked the siblings. Two months since Remus realized his feelings for the youngest sibling.

Annabeth Prewett sat in the common room, preparing her supplies for Astronomy.

Due to the full moon,  her professor had decided they'd be having class in the Astronomy Tower and Annabeth was running behind schedule.

She was already fifteen minutes late to class, due to her taking a break and questions Peter Pettigrew as he ran down the steps.

As she walked to the tower, she heard a dog barking. Turning around, she saw a beautiful, black dog approaching her.

" Hi buddy" she said quietly as she crouched down to pet it.

The dog was nuzzling it's nose into her side, telling her to leave.

Annabeth thought nothing of it until she heard a tiny squeak to the left of the dog.

Looking over, she saw a tiny rat. Annabeth had always hated rats and this was no exception.

" Yuck!" she exclaimed as she jumped up

Turning around, she was faced with a large stag.

" Why the hell am I attracting all the animals tonight" she asked no one.

" Annabeth!" she heard her name called in the distance

Looking up, she saw Sam running towards her, screaming her name.

Before she could respond, she was suddenly face-to-face with the biggest creature she had ever seen.

A werewolf.

Annabeth froze in place and all she heard was ringing.  Her mind was yelling at her to run but her legs refused to listen.

She stared the lycanthrope right in the eye as he raised his claws and gashed them across her cheek.

The agonizing pain seemed to be enough to snap her out of her trance as her legs finally acted and carried her as fast as she could.

She could hear the dog and werewolf fighting in the back but she knew better than to turn back.

Blood was gushing down her cheek as the tears seeped into the deep cut. Her cheek tingled and the pain came in harsh waves.

Sam seemed so close but so far, then everything went black.

A/N: sorry this chapter is so short hehe.