Chapter fifteen: Feelings expressed

A young Remus Lupin walked around his yard looking for flowers every wednesday night.

This night was no different even though it was a full moon, why shouldn't he get his mother the beautiful sunflowers that littered their garden.

Picking up the flowers, he heard a snap in the distance.

The boy chose to ignore it but picked up his pace, getting a tad scared.

As Remus stood back up, he felt someone grab him. Before he could process what was happening, the sharp fangs of Fenrir Greyback pierced his skin.

His screams were nothing short of agonizing as the burning sensation took over his tiny body.

That night would forever be in his brain. The night Remus Lupin became a werewolf.

Annabeth got a letter from Molly Weasley the day after halloween that contained pictures of her nephews.

Annabeth thought of little Charlie and now fascinated he'd be with her scar, maybe it wasn't so bad after all.

" What ya got there?" questioned Remus as he plopped beside her.

" This ones Charlie and this is Bill" replied Annabeth, beaming with pride for her nephews.

" They're adorable. These are Molly's?" asked James, peering over Remus's shoulder.

Annabeth nodded as the rest of the Marauders sat down on the couches around the common room.

Annabeth was now on speaking terms with them all but Sam still hadn't fully forgiven them for the way they treated Annabeth.

Sam knew how Annabeth felt about Remus so seeing him with another girl hurt him just as much as her.

Sure, Lily and Remus weren't together but even the thought of him choosing someone over Anna infuriated him.

" Obviously, who's else would they be?" asked Sam as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

The group became tense as the two boys had a stare down.

" Anyways," said Annabeth " there's a Hogsmeade trip this weekend!"

That seemed to ease the tension as the Marauders began discussing what they'd be doing.

" Annabeth, a word." said Sam

Annabeth followed Sam towards a corner of the common room and waited for him to speak.

" Why have you already forgiven them? More importantly, why haven't you told Remus how you feel?" whispered Sam

" So you want me to hate them but also want me
to confess my feelings to one of them? Got it" laughed the girl.

" I'm serious" responded Sam

" No, he is" said Annabeth as she pointed to the boy doing a handstand on the couch.

Sam just rolled his eyes before a smile appeared on his face.

" I just don't want you to get hurt" he whispered

" I won't, Sam. I'm a big girl" said Annabeth

Sam nodded before pulling her into a hug. They stayed that way for over a minute, enjoying each other's presence.

" So, when are you asking her out?" asked Peter as they all stared at the whispering pair across the room.

" I'm not" responses Remus, shortly.

The Marauders were the only people who knew of his feelings towards Annabeth.

" Come on, Moony! You gotta get her before someone else does" whined James

" In case you all forgot, I'm the one who gave her that scar. She deserves better"

Sirius's face became unreadable as he stared at Remus.

" You're being stupid" said Sirius

" What? Am not" countered Remus

" You are"

" Am not"

" Definitely are"

" Totally not"

" Merlin, can you all stop" laughed James

" Fine. I'll show you how to do it" said Sirius with a smirk.

The boy jumped up and walked over to the hugging friends.

He swiftly pulled Sam away and connected their lips.

Sirius felt fireworks and a tingling sensation in his fingers. His heart was beating the hardest it ever had and he could already feel his hands becoming sweaty.

Sam was in shock but soon kissed back. Their lips molded together perfectly and it just seemed right. Sirius's lips tasted of cherry and were as soft as you could imagine. His scent was strong in Sam's nose as he melted into the feeling of their bodies so close.

Annabeth smiled the biggest she ever had as she watched the boys in pure bliss.

" Go padfoot!!" yelled James across the common room.

The pair finally broke apart and both of their cheeks were a dark red.

" See Moony, it's that simple" said Sirius with a wink.

Annabeth looked over at Remus and saw him already looking at her but he quickly looked away.

Sam seemed to have caught it too as he spoke up,

" Remus and Annabeth, will you go get us some snacks from the kitchens?"

" I wanna go too" volunteered Peter.

" No!" yelled Sirius

Annabeth and Remus gave the boys weird looks but went nonetheless.

" So... Sam and Sirius, that's interesting" chuckled Remus.

" Isn't it wonderful?" gushed the girl.

Annabeth was truly over the moon for her friend. He deserved to be happy more than anyone she knew and would come to know.

The pair continued to discuss the new lovers as they made their way to the kitchen.

Remus reached out and tickled the pear while Annabeth bounced excitedly behind him

" Twinky!" shrieked the girl as she ran into the kitchen

Remus watched as Annabeth scooped up a house elf, laughing like she never has before.

" Twinky has missed Miss Prewett" squeaked the elf

" I missed you more," replied Annabeth " oh! and this is Remus"

Twinky walked over to Remus and looked him up and down.

" Mr. Remus is Miss Prewett's boyfriend?" asked Twinky

An awkward laugh escaped Annabeth's laugh as Remus smiled to himself.

" Not yet" said Remus with a smirk

Annabeth stood there, shocked.

Remus had finally done it. He had finally expressed his feelings.

The boy instantly regretted it.