Chapter nineteen: New wardrobe

The rest of the day consisted of Annabeth and Sam laying on the common room couch as the Marauders comforted them.

Sirius played with Sam's hair and made sure to provide plenty of kisses.

Remus would ask Annabeth to tell him stories of Daniel, which seemed to cheer her up a little.

It was nearing dinner time when Peter spoke up.

" Sorry to interrupt, but i'm starving" he said sheepishly

James whacked him upside the head as he read his romance novel.

" Peter. There is a thing called 'Reading the room' maybe you should learn how to bloody do that" said James harshly

The remainder of the group burst into laughter as James licked his thumb and pointer finger in order to turn the page.

" Never thought i'd see Prongs reading" laughed Remus

James sassily marked his page and closed his book, his eyes glaring at Remus.

" I'll have you know that i am not reading. I am living the life of an 18th century princess trying to find herself. You wouldn't know what it's like" said James as he rolled his eyes.

Sirius doubled over in laughter at his best mate's statement.

" Merlin! That was amazing" laughed Sirius, a cramp forming in his stomach.

Peters stomach grumbled as he held a hand on it

" Come on then, let's eat" said Annabeth, jumping to her feet

The girl marched to the portrait and pushed it open, the group close behind.

" I think we missed dinner" sniffled Sam, his hand swinging with Sirius's

Annabeth shrugged and led the way to the kitchens.

" I'm sure you've all been here but please be nice to the house elves. Or I will personally hex you" growled Annabeth

The boy's eyes went wide as the girl tickled the pear.

The Marauders plus some entered the kitchen, the aroma filling their noses.

" Twinkyyyy" sang Annabeth, looking around for her little friend

Twinky ran towards Annabeth and hugged her tight around the legs.

" Twinky missed Miss Prewett so much!" shrieked the house-elf

Twinky led the group to a table in the corner and offered to bring them food.

The group thanked her and made themselves comfortable

" So, who's excited for holidays? We leave tomorrow" smiled James

" Me!" yelled Remus, louder than intended

" Hm, I wonder why" said Sirius with a wink

Annabeth's cheeks flushed as the heat rose.

As if right on time, Twinky arrived with food and drinks for the friends, distracting them from the growing tension.

Peter was the first to grab a mouthful of food and stuff his face.

" Bloody hell, mate" grimaced Sam

Peter just shrugged his shoulders and continued to stuff his face.

James looked deep in thought as he stared down his pumpkin juice.