Chapter sixteen: Hogsmeade

Remus's mind was going a mile a minute.

What if Annabeth didn't feel the same way? Or what it she did?

What if Annabeth had feeling for him, a monster.

Remus spun around on his foot and left the kitchen, almost jogging back to the portrait of the fat lady.

As he stormed in, he saw Sam and Sirius sitting together on the couch with Peter and James conversing with them.

" Oi! Moony, how'd it go?" yelled James

Remus felt hot tears stinging in his eyes as he looked up at his best friends.

" Remus?" questioned Sirius as he stood up

Remus turned away and left for their dorm, letting his tears fall.

The rest of the Marauders walked into their dorm and slowly approached the crying boy, worry drawn on all of their faces.

" Moony, what's wrong mate" asked Peter timidly

" I told her. I told her I fancy her" laughed Remus, almost manically

" That's a good thing" said james

" No, it's not. She could never be with me. I've already hurt her once, I can't do it again. She didn't even know it was me, i'm a monster." cried Remus

Sirius and James felt tears stinging in his own eyes as they listened to their best friend talk down on himself.

Peter was already crying.

" Rem, you know how she feels about werewolves. She'd never see you as a monster, I know for a fact she fancies you. You're the only one who sees yourself like this, mate" said Sirius with pain in his voice.

The boys sat on Remus's bed and let him cry while they comforted him, this wasn't the first time this has happened.

While the Marauders were together, Sam and Annabeth were together.

" I froze. I couldn't tell if he was joking or if he meant it, then he just left. I messed everything up! I should have said something, anything" said Annabeth exasperatedly

" Anna, you didn't do anything wrong. I would have reacted the same way. Maybe it's a good thing you didn't respond, you may need time to think" responded Sam

" Think?! I've been thinking for years, Sam. I know how I feel about Remus, i'm just scared." said the red-headed girl.

" Scared? What could you possibly be scared of?" laughed Sam

" Of myself. What if I hurt him? You know better than anyone how bloody damaged I am, I don't want to push that onto him. He deserves someone who can make him happy, not someone who can barely keep themselves happy." muttered Annabeth, her face feeling hot.

Sam moved himself next to her and wrapped his arms around her.

" Anna, you're not damaged. You've been through a lot but damaged is not a way to describe you. Remus would be lucky to have you, don't do this to yourself." said Sam painfully.