Chapter Twenty-four: Reunited

Samuel Barkley was sitting alone in his room, the cold air burning against his skin. The snow outside was so bright that it provided light into his room, light he so desperately needed.

Sam's father forced him to come home for the holidays this year, he usually went to Annabeth's. His father would constantly remind him how unwanted he was while Sam just let him. Fighting back would get him nowhere.

It was Christmas day, not that it mattered to Sam. He knew he'd get nothing which didn't bother him but he hated being alone. He watched the snowflakes fall outside his window when a jet black owl flew up to his window.

Sirius's owl.

Sam jumped up and ran to his window, opening it in one swift motion. The owl dropped a letter onto Sam's twin-sized bed and pecked at his hand.

" Oh of course" said Sam happily as he found some treats for the owl.

Sam tore the letter open, a beautiful smile on his face.

" Dearest Sam,
I miss you terribly. I hope your holiday isn't too terrible, I cant imagine what it's like with your father. You've been constantly on my mind, specifically your smile. That smile that brightens my world, I hope it's present while you're there. This ugly world needs it. Prongs and I want to invite you to come to the Potter Manor on Christmas day. I hope you get here safely, I love you.

From, Sirius"

Hot tears streamed down Sam's face as happiness filled his whole being. Sirius loved him. Sirius Black had said he loved him.

Sam rushed to pack his trunk and get himself ready. As soon as he was done, he ran down the stairs and towards the fireplace.

" Where do you think you're going?!" slurred his father

" M-my mate's house" stuttered the young boy

Sam's father raised his fist as he walked towards Sam. Before he could reach him, Sam threw down the floo powder while yelling " Potter Manor".

////////

The Burrow was full of excitement now that the newest relationship was known. Molly was in tears as she pinched her little sister's cheeks. The twins stated Remus down, dating him to hurt her.

" That's wonderful!" exclaimed Arthur

Annabeth's face was hot in embarrassment from all the attention. On the other hand, Remus was thoroughly enjoying it.

Remus fumbled with his pocket and pulled out a beautifully wrapped box and placed it in the girl's lap. The whole room went silent as they watched the interaction.

Annabeth slowly unwrapped the box. The girl's mouth dropped as she pulled a beautiful necklace out. It has a thin gold chain with a silver moon and star, perfectly complimenting each other.

Annabeth instantly understood.

Her eyes filled with tears as she looked over at the boy, pure adoration in her eyes.

" Remus, it's beautiful. It's perfect" she cried

Remus took the necklace and placed it around the girls neck, placing a kiss on her cheek. Annabeth looked in the box and saw a small slip of paper.

" To you, my star"

The couple enjoyed each other's company for the rest of the morning when they were interrupted by an owl tapping on the window.

Remus instantly recognized the owl that James had named ' Bethilda'.

Remus hated the name.

Molly let the owl inside and it flew its way over to the pair.

" Hey!
     It's Prongs, come over"

Annabeth giggled to herself as she looked at the awful handwriting on the paper.

" Welp, guess we better get going" sighed Remus as he stood up

The duo ran upstairs and collected the presents they had for their friends. They entered the fireplace and prepared the floo powder.

" Potter Manor" they shouted in unison. 

The pair stumbled into the Potter living room and saw the rest of the group scattered around the room. Sam and Sirius were laying together while James twirled around the living room. Peter was sitting on the couch, enjoying the cookies that Euphemia had made.

" Moony!!" shouted Sirius

Remus greeted his best mates as Annabeth rushed over to Sam.

" Sam!" cheered the girl as she threw her arms around the boy

The best friends held each other close as she inhaled his familiar scent. Annabeth had been worried sick the whole holiday but knew better than to write. Sam's father somehow always had a way of confiscating her letters before Sam got them.

" I missed you, shortcake" laughed Sam

Annabeth pulled away from the boy and he instantly grabbed her necklace.

" When did you get this?! It's beautiful" said Sam in astonishment

" Remus gave it to her" interrupted James

" And you think he doesn't like you" said Sam as he rolled his eyes

" Uhhh... about that. We're kinda sorta dating now" squeaked Annabeth

The only sound that could be heard was the deafening squeal that escaped Sam's lips.

" WHAT?!!! YOURE DATING?!"

Annabeth's face went dark red as the Marauders turned their attention to the pair. Sam had a look of shock on his face while Sirius had a smirk.

" Yes, love. Wont be long before they love each other like us" said Sirius

" LOVE?! DID HE SAY LOVE?" shouted Annabeth, now it was her turn to be shocked

Sam gave the girl a nervous smile before he was tackled into a hug by the redhead.

" THIS IS AMAZING" exclaimed the girl

The Marauders watched with smiles on their faces, Sam and Annabeth truly were best friends.

The rest of christmas day consisted of exchanging gifts and telling stories. The group was living their teenage dream with each other. Love and happiness filled the air.

If only they wouldn't have to grow up so quickly.