Chapter ten: A fathers love

TW: mention of abuse and suicide

Annabeth Prewett chased after the mischievous red-heads, her hair blowing in the wind.

The sun was rising on the horizon, the colors meshing together in a beautiful, ethereal way.

Molly Weasley watched from afar, doing her schoolwork before she returned to Hogwarts as the siblings played.

The cold breeze caused Annabeth to stand and watch the beautiful snow flakes fall to the ground.

Fabian looked back, snowflakes covering his long eyelashes. He watched as his younger sister looked at the snow as if she'd never seen it before.

" Hurry up, Beth" yelled the boy, a smile present on his face.

Gideon had stopped running once he realized he was no longer being chased and let his long legs rest.

" I'm coming, one sec" shouted back the girl, something in the distance catching her eye.

Across the alley, she saw a young boy with his family. A beautiful young boy with light eyes and short, brown hair.

He looked as though he hadn't slept in days and was terrible malnourished.

Annabeth had always been one to help someone in need, even at five years old.

Diagon Alley was extremely busy as the girl crossed the street, approaching the boy.

" Hello," greeted the girl, " My name is Annabeth. What's yours?"

The bright eyed boy looked at the young witch like she had 5 heads and a beard.

" I'm Sam" said the boy, quietly

Annabeth reached her hand out, her fingernails an eccentric green color.

Sam looked hesitant as he broke the distance between their hands.

The children walked back over to Annabeth's family and resumed the game of tag.

Annabeth Prewett had found her person.

Sam Barkley sat on his best friends bed, tears flowing freely down his face.

Today's date was October 24th, the day his mother died.

When Sam's life began, his mother's ended. His father made sure he knew it.

Sam had been raised by his abusive father, Clinton Barkley.

The Barkley family was a well-respected family in the wizarding world until Clinton married a muggle, Samantha.

Samantha was a beautiful woman, inside and out. Her smile could warm the hearts of even the coldest people out there. She always found the best in people, even if they couldn't find it themselves.

That's exactly what happened with Clinton.

Clinton never planned on falling in love, he found it weak. But when he saw that blonde-haired, hazel-eyed woman, he became the weakest of them all.

The pair fell in love fast and married before they had even know each other for a year. Soon after the marriage, they were expecting their son.

Samantha's pregnancy had gone as smooth as one could but when it came time to deliver, her body simply couldn't handle it.