𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

Luther had dozed off in the corner of the room, snores leaving his mouth while every few moments he'd jump in his sleep. The sky had now brightened into a beautiful pink and lavender color, streaks of baby blue running across it.

Eleanor sat on the chair besides the bed Five slept on, sipping a cup of strong coffee while a bottle of ibuprofen lay next to a glass of water. Her eyes stung with the lack of sleep she'd been getting, dark circles beginning to lay below her eyelids.

Five began to stir on the bed, squinting his eyes due to the bright light while a low groan left his lips. His head killed, and his stomach felt a bit queasy. He sat up, massaging his temple before looking over at Eleanor with a weak smile.

"Good morning, El" His voice deepened a few octaves lower than usual, hair messy from his sleep.

"Morning, Five" She sent him a small grin while handing him two of the pills with the glass of water, himself taking it with great appreciation.

He swallowed the small pills and drank the entire cup of water, adjusting his eyes to the light while doing so. He took a moment to think back to when he was drunk, remembering bits and pieces of what happened.

Nothing stuck out more than the kiss he drunkenly gave her, though. And suddenly, Five felt extremely guilty. He stood from the bed abruptly, wobbling a bit causing Eleanor to stand just as fast and hold him securely.

"Woah, what's wrong are you okay?" She questioned, looking at the guilt spread all over his face. She began to wonder if he remembered the kiss, and perhaps deep down she truly wished he would. That single kiss seemed to blur everything happening in her life, out.

Five turned to her, and gently placed one of his hands upon her hip while the other settled on her shoulder, "El, I'm so sorry, I didn't think to ask if you wanted me to kiss you".

It felt like weight had been lifted off her chest, so she sent him a small smile and shook her head, "No, no, Five it's okay, I.. I actually enjoyed it".

He himself felt all of his muscles relax at her words, and instead his eyes bore into her own with a small smirk, "Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one then".

Eleanor looked up into his eyes while she spoke in a soft whisper, "I missed it so much..".

Five looked down before tracing his hand over her jaw, resting his fingers on the soft skin of her face, "May I?".

"You may"

With her consent, he leaned down and slowly brushed his lips over hers. He looked tenderly into her eyes. before closing his and placing his lips on hers. The familiar warmth spread to both their chests and stomachs, Eleanor leaning up on her toes and pulling him closer to her.

Neither of them wanted to break the kiss, so instead Five brought them down on the bed and sat her on his lap much like he did previously. Eleanor pulled her lips from his and placed soft and delicate kisses down his jaw and neck, being as close to him as she could possibly get.

Five shuddered, being so touch deprived as a lump begun to form in his throat. The amount of years he went without being able to hold her like this, drove him insane. He felt Eleanor stop and lean up so she could see his face, "Are you okay?".

"Never better, darling"

He gently laid her down on the bed placing soft kisses on her lips, then her nose, her cheeks, and down to her neck. For a moment, he rested his face on her shoulder before pulling back and tracing his fingers under her shirt and over her ribs.

As she let out a quiet wince, he stopped and looked at her with concern, "Can I see your stomach?".

"Are you being a pervert Five?" Eleanor teased, hesitant to show him the bruises still coloring her pale stomach.

"Eleanor.." Five warned, his voice more serious than it had been with her previously. At his tone, Eleanor gave a small nod of her head, holding her breath and waiting.

He lifted the hem of her shift until it stopped below her chest, looking at the dark bruises covering her ribs and stomach. His jaw clenched, overlooking the small cuts and scratches covering her arms and legs.

Five rested her shirt where it originally had been, before sitting up and staring at the wall with mixed emotions. He was angry, but more disappointed in himself than anything. He allowed her to get hurt, when he promised he wouldn't let it happen.

Eleanor sat up, taking him into her arms. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, rubbing his back softly, "I'm okay Five, please don't fret over it".

"I'm the fault of your injuries, I was stupid enough to bring you into this" He spoke in a low tone, frustration building up inside him.

"You are not the fault of this, okay? those masked people are" She tried to reassure him, running her fingers down his back and shoulders.

"I should have never brought you into this, i'm such an idiot" He grunt, hanging his head low with his eyes closed tightly.

"I don't know how many times I may have to repeat this to you, but your troubles are my troubles, as cliche as that sounds" She spoke, pulling back and lifting his chin with her hand, "Don't exclude me from anything, don't push me away again.. please?".

He felt all his frustration melt away at the plea in her voice, eyes softening while his hands now reached out to pull her against him. "I won't ever make that mistake again, never ever again"

They leaned their foreheads together and embraced the warmth that came from doing so, closing their eyes and savoring the moment. Eleanor hated hearing Five so distraught, it made her want to reach out and hug him forever and never let go of him again. She wished with her whole being that they could all slip away safely and never have to deal with horrid things such as the world ending, but luck never seemed to be on her side.

So the two sat embracing, soaking in the company of the other with their heart feeling fuller than it had for a very, very long time.

-

Hey! I'm so, so, sorry.. I can't give any excuses because not updating for so long wasn't something I had planned to do. Life simply got the best of me, my grandmother recently passed away which really brought me down, she was my biggest supporter. I'm going to keep going for her, and for all of the support on this book ♥️

Never would I ever think this book would reach 150k reads, hell, even 100 reads was a lot to me. It's absolutely astonishing that it's reached so many views, my heart is so warm seeing all your little comments about Eleanor or Five, or even just the book in general. It means the entire world to me. ♥️

Please, be patient if I don't update as frequently, I'm trying I promise you that. I'm starting up a new job soon while balancing home life so I will do my best to squeeze updating in there. Short chapter for now! But I adore writing Eleanor and Five, so I hope this was enough to fulfill the chapters not written yet.

Thank you all so much ♥️♥️♥️