𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

droplets of rain slid down the windows of the taxi, racing one another to the bottom. It was a rhythmic sound, the drops of rain pelting the roof of the vehicle ever so carelessly. The car was silent, deadly silent. It was an uncomfortable atmosphere, at least for the taxi man driving them. The two 'teenagers' in the back were, weirdly comfortable.

Having seen a boy spacejump into his car scared him, but recognizing them as Number Zero and Number Five? The older man nearly shit himself. And the death stares the boy gave him, was enough to keep him from opening his mouth out of fear. The girl though? She was keeping the mood lighthearted. It was strange, the boy sending threatening vibes towards him, while the silent petite girl in the back was sweet as ever.

Eleanor had her arm lent against the window, watching the rain fall with content. She didn't feel anything other than content at that moment. The rain always soothed her, and having Five besides her made everything so.. real. Every so often the two would glance at each other, and she would give him such a contagious grin he'd find himself smiling back.

The man cleared his throat, and let the two be aware they were at their destination. Five jumped out the car and opened her door, holding his hand outwards to her. She gracefully took it, getting out the car and looking back at the man, "Thank you for the ride sir" and then proceeded to give him a good amount of money.

Five looked down at their tangled hands and let out a sigh, taking in a breath then making his way towards the large store. Their hair began to soak up the rain, and soon enough the droplets were now racing down their face from their hair. But they paid no mind to that, as he looked back at her with a nod to warn her about the jump.

Within a second, they were stood in the cold air conditioned store looking around the dark place. Eleanor followed after him, seeing him stop in front of rows and rows of clothing. She then let out a light laugh, before dragging her fingers through the many shirts and sweaters with interest. Five watched his girl for a moment, a smile threatening to break out on his face, before he began on his journey.

He picked up a flashlight from one of the shelves, and started searching for a certain mannequin. As he started to walk forward, Eleanor tapped his arm and he turned, "I'm gonna look at these while you search, ok?".

"Yeah, just.. be careful" He looked into her eyes for a moment and almost got lost in them, her blue irises beaming back in his green. Once she gave a nod, he turned and returned to looking for Delores.

Eleanor skimmed through the hoodies and shirts, peaking over the clothing racks and saw him talking to.. a mannequin? "Oh Five..." guilt surrounded the girls heart, and suddenly she wanted to cry. He spent all those years alone, all those years with no company but a mannequin. Her poor Five..

Before she could get any more thoughts in, two masked people holding large guns made their way down the aisle and began shooting wildly while Five cried, "No!". She dropped down to the floor quickly, crawling around on the harsh ground looking for him with panic. A set of hands grabbed her arms and pulled her back, and she almost screamed before seeing it was Five. He held his finger to her lips, pulling her behind him while he peeked out the clothing rack.

"Shit, it's them!" He quietly cussed, looking at the mannequin that had fallen with panic not knowing what to do. He ran out, grabbed her and threw himself back down with the doll. Eleanor glanced downwards then behind her, looking at Five with wide eyes, "We need to go" she warned.

He set the mannequin down with determination and nodded, "I'll come back for you' he promised the inanimate object. The boy then gripped on Eleanor's hand, and bolted out from the aisle running as fast as he could. He was spacial jumping more than he should have been, while Eleanor was throwing objects at the shooters in hopes it would slow them down.

She tripped over his leg and almost went tumbling to the ground, before he grabbed her and steadied her with shaky hands. The shooters started to fire at them once again and with intense luck, right before they got hit he jumped them both away.

The masked woman turned to the man and spoke while aiming her gun, "You see that?"

The man then reminded her with a chuckle, "You said he was special, so now what? And who's the girl? She's got abilities like him". He remembered seeing an object fly at him, but she didn't even move.

"You start over there, I'll go to the other end. Meet in the middle" She began to walk away, before turning to him and speaking coldly, "Shoot anything that moves! We'll talk about the girl later".

Behind a shelf with knifes and weapons, Five grabbed a large knife and swung at the air before turning to her with seriousness in his eyes, "Be careful El". The two locked eyes then nodded, and they were off. While the masked man was busy looking at elastic splints, Five jumped behind the woman and sliced her arm while she fell.

As soon as she went down the man started to shoot at Five, Eleanor readying herself with deep breaths. She closed her eyes for a moment, before opening them wider than before and focusing on the gun in his hands, making it fly from his grip. She then crept behind him, and before he could grab her she kneed him in the stomach and flipped him over, running with Five down the aisles.

Eleanor saw the doll and ran to her, holding her under her arm then running back to Five as they dodged the bullets being pelted towards them. Five kept his arm above her head, both their hearts beating incredibly fast. They ducked under a table, Five struggling to place Delores in a black duffle bag. Eleanor grabbed his hands and pushed them away gently, quickly (and correctly) placing Delores in the bag and giving it to him.

"Thank you, love" He gasped out, eyebrows furrowed in concentration. He then grabbed Eleanor's hand, and ran out from their hiding place. While they were running, the two masked people shot at them while they swiftly dodged the bullets. Well, Five did.. Eleanor wasn't so lucky.

Her abdomen began to burn horrendously while searing white pain spread through her body. Suddenly her legs began to tremble and nausea crept up her throat, while the shirt she was wearing started to feel wet. She tumbled, almost knocking Five over causing him to turn and see what was wrong. It was so unexpected, his eyes grew wider than ever as fear over took his emotions.

"El!" He cried, grabbing her waist before she fell. His eyes caught all the blood rapidly leaking from her stomach, and for a moment he didn't know what to do. He readied their bodies and space jumped, only for it to stop him. He tried, again and again, but it wouldn't work and he started yelling out of frustration and panic, "Shit! come on!".

He made the decision to start running towards a large shelf, and with trouble he tried lifting the both of them over the shelf while Eleanor tried to stay awake. She tried her best to ignore the pain and desperation to sleep, instead pushing him forward while the two adults aimed right at him. She yelled out and with her shaking outstretched hand, she threw their guns out from their hands, giving him enough time to get over the shelf and help her over.

Immediately after she got down, dizziness took over her and she couldn't see straight. That had drained a lot out of her, while it normally wouldn't she was losing blood at a fast rate and had barley any energy.

The masked shooters grabbed their guns again, got ready to shoot him while the woman spoke through her teeth, "Got him". Though, with luck on his side the cops swarmed the building distracting the two and that gave Five enough time to run.

He looked down and felt Eleanor fall into his arms, going unconscious. His breath got taken away, and he was terrified. Terrified of losing her. The thought of losing her was what motivated him and gave him every last bit of energy he needed to jump. He jumped back to the academy, stumbling in the house with an unconscious Eleanor in his arms.

Allison was stood in the living room with Luther, jumping as Five had startled her. She was about to question him, before seeing her sister laying limp in his arms with blood pooling from her injury. "Oh my god, Ellie! Bring her to mom!" The tall woman grabbed her from the weak boys arms, running her upstairs with Luther.

Five felt so drained, so weak, and so tired. The last thing the aged boy remembered was collapsing on the couch and the world turning dark.