𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦

Love

Love

The word itself was so short yet held so much meaning to it. It was such a silly thing in Eleanor's eyes, the way people described it only sounded weird and unusual.

She never believed you got butterflies in your stomach, or felt 'fireworks' from the kisses, as it was explained abnormally.

Until she felt it, the love, the butterflies and fireworks. The word love held such a different meaning to her now that she was experiencing it.

Eleanor was positive she loved Five, and never did she have a single doubt she didn't. Her Five.. he meant everything to her.

The love shared between the two was unimaginable, a love you could only dream for. The two shared a bond one could never compete for.

Their 'siblings' would tease them to no end but beneath those teases were a respect for the two.

Eleanor would usually be the one to convince them to sneak out with her, the siblings always going to their favorite place, 'Griddy's Donuts'.

That's where they were now, all eight of them sitting on the barstools with donuts and sweets sat on plates.

As per usual, Five and Eleanor sat close together, Klaus and Ben on their left, Luther and Allison on the right while Vanya sat next to Diego.

Vanya was always in the back, silent most of the time, listening to her siblings bicker and have fun.

"Hey, you guys wanna play a game?" Eleanor spoke, catching everyone's attention. All eyes were now on her, conversations being quieted.

"What kind of game, my love?" Five's voice held adoration, soft eyes looking at her while his hand rested on hers.

Eleanor hummed for a moment, tapping her fingers against the counter before sitting up, "Would you rather?".

"I'm down!" Klaus exclaimed, setting down the half eaten donut. His other hand was fiddling with the rolled joint in his pocket.

They all came to an agreement, Allison being the first to go, "Would you rather..." She glanced around, thinking of a question, "Never be able to eat donuts again or lose a toe''.

The question was so silly, yet it made Eleanor laugh anyway. And as soon as she started laughing, they all laughed too.

"Never eat donuts again!" Eleanor answered easily, dodging the crumpled napkin Klaus threw at her.

"What!? Donuts are the best!" Klaus argued, crossing his arms in fake offense.

"They're disgusting!!"

Klaus playfully tackled her to the floor, the two wrestling around while he yelled in her face, "Say you like donuts!".

"No!!"

The rest only rolled their eyes at the two, before glancing over at the figure who emerged from the kitchen.

Agnes stood there with flour dusted upon her apron, her arms folded against her chest while she scoffed with a warm smile, "Now now kids, don't get too rough with each other".

Klaus and Eleanor grinned at each other before standing and sitting back down, letting out heavy breaths from the rough housing.

Five wrapped his arm around Eleanor's shoulders the moment she sat down, the small girl cuddling into his side.

His fingers gently ran up and down her arm, soothing her so much she began to yawn. Her head lied on his chest, while she drew on a napkin.

"Ok.. my turn! Would you rather.. be the last person on earth or the first?" Ben's question made the seven think for a moment, Klaus even stopping to put his joint back in his pocket.

"The last, I wouldn't want to be there with the dinosaurs" Luther stated, the majority agreeing with the tall boy.

Eleanor almost immediately disagreed, the girl leaning back with a smile on her face, "No, I actually disagree, imagine the beauty? The beginning of Earth.. it would be so clean.. no trash, the oceans would be beautiful!".

Five stared down at her while she spoke, memorizing how her face lit up and how her eyes would gleam in the light.

He thought to himself, "how did I get so lucky?".

His heart had never felt so full, looking at his love with such admiration. She had no idea how happy she made him, just by a single glance it set his heart rate up.

"Yeah.. I-I agree with Ellie!" Diego looked over towards the girl with a smile, Eleanor returning it with a grin.

Luther looked at the silver clock on the wall, before getting up so quickly he almost knocked his chair over, "Guys! it's 3 in the morning! dad gets up in an hour".

"Oh shit!!"

"How'd the time go by so fast??"

The siblings quickly got up, Eleanor making sure to leave the money on the counter, then leaving with a fast pace.

Five and Eleanor's hand stayed glued together while the eight ran towards their home, fear striking all the children.

As soon as they ran up the stone stairs of the academy, the door swung open and revealed Reginald and Pogo.

"Children! you know better then to sneak out! who is responsible for this!?" His loud tone made everyone flinch, not knowing what to say.

Nobody would speak up.

Eleanor looked over at her siblings and saw them trembling with fear, and she made the decision then. It wasn't the smartest decision, but for them she'd do anything.

So, she stepped up.

"...I-I did it" Her voice shook unsteadily, heart aching as she met her father's furious and disappointing stare.

"Number Zero, you will be punished for this" Reginald scowled at the girl, turning towards the monkey, "Pogo, go unlock the room, you are not allowed out for a week".

Eleanor felt her heart drop, her hands beginning to shake wildly. She couldn't go in that room, she couldn't she couldn't she couldn't.

But she did, because she knew if she didn't one of her siblings would. So she let her father grip her arm with such pressure she knew it would bruise.

Five saw the way she whimpered when he grabbed her, and he also saw the way her eyes filled with tears. He didn't like it, he begs his father, "Dad, please! da-".

"Five.. please" Eleanor whispered, her voice breaking. Through her teary eyes, they also showed love and reassurance.

He went to reach for her, but Reginald had turned away and walked down the hall leading to the basement stairs. She was stumbling to follow after him, casting one last glance at her siblings before going down to the room.

He was left watching her disappear from his grasp, much like she did when he left.

kinda sweet kinda not, i really want you guys to see the relationship between Reginald and Eleanor, but also have sweet stuff at the same time.

sorry for the shortish chapter!