𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

So before I begin the chapter, I'd like to point out that most of my inspiration comes from, surprise surprise, stranger things. With Reginald and Eleanor's love hate relationship, it really reminds me of Eleven and Brenner.

So, some things I write may remind you of that. Just wanted to get that outta the way!

Also.. my heart is officially bursting. It's astonishing knowing that people actually want to read my story. I'm so appreciative of every read, vote, and comment.

Seriously, it makes my heart go into overdrive. I smile reading the comments.. !!!

Continue on! 🥰

Eleanor and her adoptive fathers relationship had always been a love/hate kinda thing. She felt it was one sided, herself only trying to love her father while she thought he had hated her.

It tore her apart, working herself so much that she had always felt fatigue. It had gotten to a point where she would move her limbs and pain would erupt all over her.

Her siblings were hard workers, but they never worked like she did. They didn't overwork themselves, and yet they still were better than her.

She just didn't understand.

All she wanted was for her father to be proud of her, to just say 'good job' would be enough to make her happy.

Because she was number Zero, a lot of stress and pressure was put upon her. Her father didn't expect her to be the worse, yet he also didn't expect her to be the best.

Being number Zero held different values; either she could be one of the stronger kids like Luther, or she could quite literally be number Zero, where she was the weakest and had no power in comparison to her siblings.

She was the first to mature faster than any of them had, forced to learn the harder ways about life and help her siblings reach the same knowledge and maturity as she had.

Eleanor had a big heart, she would comfort you no matter the situation and scold you when you'd put yourself down. But she was her worst enemy when it came to loving herself.

She never thought too much of herself, she couldn't be strong like Luther, she couldn't teleport like Five, she couldn't rumor like Allison, she couldn't talk to the dead like Klaus, and she most certainly couldn't do what Ben did.

It brought her to a state of mind where she became so self conscious and insecure. Being positive was usually her motive, but the heavy weight placed upon her became too much.

And so she sat alone in her bedroom, thoughts invaded with her siblings and father, fiddling with a pencil that began to cause indents in her skin.

A light knock came to her door, Pogo slowly peaking his head into the room while he quietly cleared his throat, "Miss Eleanor, your father has requested to see you".

Eleanor lifted her head at Pogo's soft voice, her hand slowly placing her pencil down before standing.

"Is he.. mad?" Her voice had been so quiet it almost came out as a whisper, the petite girl following after the monkey.

Pogo's cane calmingly hit the wooden floorboards, the girl mesmerizing the pattern in her head.

"No no, he just.. needs you to train" Pogo hadn't been fully lying when he said that, but he still felt his guilt haunt him as he hid his frown.