𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

hey! i'm so sorry for the really late update.. a lot has been happening and my mental health has been at an all time low ♥️♥️ but i'm trying to get back to writing as soon as possible!

I'm sorry for the short chapter, I promise I'm trying my best to work on a new update ♥️

".. that one looks like, cotton candy"

"El, you've said that for every cloud we see"

Two love struck teenagers lied on the cold rooftop of their home, staring up at the midnight blue sky filled with grey puffy clouds. It was two in the morning, a chilly autumn breeze gracefully blowing around the town. Five's back was leant against the brick edging of the building, while Eleanor's head rested comfortably in his lap.

The rest of her body had lied against the thick blanket they previously had placed down, one leg resting upwards while the other lied limp. His arm had been placed around her, hand softly grazing over the exposed skin on her stomach while his other hand played with her hair. It was so incredibly peaceful, they savored these moments they got to have.

Her green eyes peaked up towards his, a smirk sneaking on her lips, "Hey! maybe every cloud just looks like cotton candy".

"You're a goober" He teased, gently pinching her side causing her to giggle after jumping. The two stayed silent for another few minutes, soaking in the comfort of the other.

"Hey, do you.. do you think Vanya's doing okay? she's been really distant lately.. i'm worried" Eleanor expressed her worries for her 'sister', eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

Five hummed, raising an eyebrow before rubbing his thumb against the softness of her cheekbone, "I think you're worrying too much, love, i'm sure she's fine she's probably just dealing with issues".

The small girl remained quiet for a moment, debating on speaking before sighing and voicing her thoughts, "I had another dream last night, it was super strange.. vanya had like.. these insane abilities that's all I remember from it".

"I'm starting to think all that sugar is getting to your head" Five joked, a smirk playing on his lips before he continued more seriously, "There's no way that's even possible, El, Vanya is ordinary it's all in your head".

Eleanor paused, and sat up with her eyebrows furrowed. A frown had placed itself upon her mouth while Five's words reminded her very much of the ones Reginald told her.

Five very quickly realized how harsh his words sounded to her, sitting up as well and trying to rephrase his wording, "Wait, no I didn't mean that, I meant that Vanya simply has no abilities like we do; it's only strange dreams messing with your head".

"I know what you meant.. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to take it the wrong way" Eleanor looked up at the boy, smiling softly. He brought her hand to his lips and kissed it longingly, leaning his head against their hands.

"You have nothing to apologize for"

His words about Vanya echoed in her mind, and she began reminding herself that it was indeed, just all in her head.