𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

happy to be back :)

It was a very dewy and quiet night, slight rumbles of thunder sounding out from the windows as flashes of lightning reflected off the seven teens faces.

Every once and a while you'd hear clicks of the unsettling house setting in the night, and the conversations the night critters seemed to have outside. Or even the loud booming ambulances or cop cars racing past the house and into the homes of those who needed help.

Each and every sound caused Eleanor to flinch absentmindedly in her sleep. Her heart rate would pick up then slow back to its original pace once the sounds quieted.

The frail girl had finally begun getting some sleep again, hands gripping the cozy comforter up to her chin while she scrunched her nose up.

Eleanor never had an easy time sleeping, she usually felt the need to get up and move around and once she had done so, she couldn't sleep after that.

Her father put her on sleeping medication, but it only struck fear in the girl once she realized that her nightmares had been brought back to her.

A whimper cut the silence overpowering the room, said girl now twisting and turning as her breath hitched.

Her fingers curled into her palms while she visibly flinched back from something only she could see.

The whimpering girl had been having another nightmare; this one taking effect more then they usually do. She for some reason had been dreaming of the end of the world, in her mind the house she slept in crumbling just before her very eyes.

Something was fighting her, hurting her deeply while she flinched every few seconds. If you looked close enough, you could see red liquid threatening to spill under her nose.

"No, no!! no!! no!" She screamed, thrashing her body around while the blankets and sheets began to crinkle up.

As soon as the wail left her lips, footsteps thudded through out the house, almost as if they were racing to get to her door. Every single light in the house flickered, while the walls rumbled with her cries.

A set of footsteps fell behind the rest, before the body of a lanky teenage boy stumbled on the wooden floor, himself space jumping directly in front of the bed.

"Eleanor?" Five's words sounded rushed, fingers gripping hers as he lightly shook the girl.

His eyes trailed over her pale arms, eyes narrowing on the darker veins that became prominent through her skin. He became nervous once seeing the crimson color dripping from her nose, eyebrows knitting together.

"El, wake up" As he began to shake the girl again, Reginald stepped into the cold room with a mask of uncertainty across his face.

Pogo turned, and gently began telling the kids to go back to bed. He assured them, that she would be ok. Although hesitant, the six turned reluctantly and went back to their bedrooms.

Eleanor's back arched while her body shook with trembles, her eyes flying open as she let out a series of cries. Almost immediately, the lights dimmed back down and the creaky house went silent.

Reginald began to bombard the anxiety ridden girl with questions, "Number Zero, tell me what you dreamt of". And when she stuttered helplessly on words, he furiously shouted at her for an answer.

why was this so important?

Five glanced down and saw her hands shaking tremendously, pulling her hands close to his chest while glaring at Reginald, "Shh, sh you're ok, it's ok El" He cooed.

The oldest man narrowed his eyes on the two, before clearing his throat and pointing towards the door, "Number Five, you may leave this room and go back to bed".

The worried boy was hesitant, staring deeply into her green eyes before she squeezed his hands in reassurance and he reluctantly left. Although, he kept his ear against the wall to desperately hear anything.

"I..I saw the end of the world, everything was on fire.. I remember.. the house crumbling to pieces and.. you guys were dead". She tried to steady her voice, rather than it be shaky.

Pogo turned to the tall man with remorse in his eyes, searching for any kind of reaction. The one thing that stunned Pogo was, that the young girls words silenced the man.

"Was everybody dead? who made it out alive? Number Zero, you will tell" Reginald put more tension in his words, leaning closer with a dark look clouding his eyes.

"There was one person that hadn't died.." She began, picking at her fingernails harshly not paying mind to the bits of blood that began to drip from them.

"And? Who was it dear?" Pogo pressed, eyebrows furrowed together in concern.

"..Five"

The conversation was over with not long after that, Reginald and Pogo off on their way to discuss the matters of this issue. Eleanor sat on her bed while her hands wrung together nervously.

It was just a dream.. right?.. yeah, just a dream. A wild dream.

Five peaked his head in her room, before quietly sneaking in and closing the door. His soft footsteps stopped her from wringing her hands, his shadow casting tall on the dark wooden floorboards.

"Are you okay, El?"

Her hands reached out for him, and instinctively he gripped her fingers and allowed her to pull him next to her on the small bed.

Eleanor was silent, her head softly laying on his chest and listening to his rhythmic heartbeat. His fingers absentmindedly played with strands of her hair, braiding and un-braiding the soft brown locks.

His legs just barley hung off the end of her bed uncomfortably, while hers comfortably met halfway, "I think i'm too tall for your bed, love".

A smile grew from the corners of her lips, a small giggle finding its way out from her mouth, "It's perfect for me.. but I suppose I might need a new one if you don't fit it".

Five's heart beat increased when she giggled, his chest warming as he let out a content sigh. He rubbed her arms softly, kissing her forehead.

The young teens fought off the sleep that was wearing on them, before their eyes closed and they relaxed into a peaceful sleep.

She wished it could be like this forever, just her and Five, nobody else. But as always, things have to go wrong.

And unfortunately, a lot of things happen to go wrong.

authors note

Hey ! i'm so, so, incredibly sorry that it's taken me as long as it has to upload. While writers block is a major setback for me, i've been dealing and trying to cope with a lot in my life. Struggling mentally at the moment is probably my biggest procrastinate right now.

but again! i'm so sorry to keep you all waiting!! I never once thought my book would get reads and i've got 5k, almost 6! that's huge!! thank you so much for the love and reads, and I can only say that from here it'll get so much better!

especially with season two around the corner 😁🤫