Chapter 13

Small author note: The rest of the story will be in 3rd person, it enables me to be more flexible with each of the character's thoughts and not centralize the story with the main protagonist. The sudden change is due to not needing to change POVs (PointOfView) of different characters to know what they think. This will keep me busy with the other chapters since I plan on switching them to 3rd person too... alright to the story then.

————————————

"...This again... it's been a while, but now what?" Jake asks himself.

Jake was dreaming of the possible future once again. It was a party in the school, the disco lights shined on the dance floor and he was on a higher floor with a good view of the whole party.

"It's the party." He mentioned.

On the higher floor was Jess, she was feeling down. Jake seemed to have noticed so he had brought fruit punch filled cups. He wore a tux and Jess was dressed elegantly, but in the blink of an eye everything changes as the people in the party floor begun to panic and push themselves away from something... or someone. Before the crowd clears to reveal the cause of the problem, the dream ends.

———

As the sun rises so does Jake with a confused look and drowsy eyes.

"It happened again... but if this is the second time then my family's death dream hasn't been repeated so it was avoided" Jake consulted himself. "I'll think about it later."

He gets up to stretch for a bit, and fixes his hair by looking at himself in the mirror. He proceeds to continue but immediately comes back after noticing a hickey on his neck.

He had realized what happened the day before.

"I'm such a child, sleeping on Sara like that, but most importantly... Sara!!" He yelled.

She was making breakfast as usual, but this time she had a smirk on her face after hearing Jake's yell. His footsteps grew closer with force against the wooden floor and deep breaths in between each step.

"Sara, explain." He demands, pointing at his neck. "This."

"Mmmm... explain why we're gonna be late for the one hundredth time?" She asks, acting as if she knew nothing.

"Oh don't you dare, you know what I am referring to." He gets closer.

"...Don't worry about it, Jess wouldn't mind." She chuckles.

"...What do you mean?" Jake asks, surprised and suspicious.

Sara flinches, scratching her neck thinking of what she just said.

"Ah-" She stops and turns off the stove, "Anyways, like I said before, we are late."

"W-Wait what did you mean?" He asks, but with breakfast ready she got ready for school.

———

After a weekend of unusual events, they had returned to school. Jake and Sara were beside each other as always and the other students looked as if it were a show. The sudden feeling of a really annoyed student was sticking out though but he or she was nowhere to be seen. Jake was beginning to bare with some of the stares but it was still unsettling.

"We've been here for a while and the stares haven't stopped yet..." Jake addresses in a sour way.

Sara, with no words, expresses herself by holding his left arm and tilting her head on his shoulder.