Chapter 2

She only wants me...

"Sara" I ask, holding her shoulders gently, "No matter what happens, I'll have your back."

....No response.... and the bell rings.

Sara brushes my hands off and heads towards the next class. Speaking of which the rest of the classes were boring since she pretended to be asleep.

She had the same face when walking home... it was obvious I had to avoid this friends thing until tomorrow... Wait, maybe I'll dedicate the remaining of today for her.

"H-Hey, Sara, today you won't cook because I will." I try to cheer her up.

No response as she gives me a gloomy look. That look, I couldn't stand it, it made a hole in my heart. There's no way this could keep going, making me jump in front of her and hug her tightly.

"Please, don't make that face, this isn't you." I beg her, "Please."

"J-Jake please calm down, I'm just dozing off." She wakes up and chuckles.

"No you're not, let's talk about it later, okay?" I answer.

The feeling of her head nodding put me in relief, but the quick silence is interrupted.

"Wait, but won't that mean the worst punishment for letting my master do my job." She answers, as we detach from the hug and continue our walk.

My chest feels pain for a bit.

"Don't be over exaggerating things... but even if that happens, I will do everything possible to help you." I answer.

She takes me by surprise and hugs me.

"I-Isn't it hard for you to walk while hugging me?" I ask, looking around.

"I don't mind." She answers.

I smile as my right arm pulls her closer saying:

"Let's have the day for ourselves but primarily for you."

I'm glad Sara had left aside what happened back at school. The rest of the evening was all about me doing Sara's work but most importantly cooking for her. It was obviously bad since I've never touched a frying pan but she lied saying it was good, typical of her. The evening was over and the same with chores, but something came across Sara, something that was missing to complete the day, a bath.

"Nope." I quickly answer.

"N-N-No, prepare it." She says in the same speed of my answer.

"O-Oh... sure thing."

After a couple of minutes the water was nice and warm.

"Sara, it's nice and ready!" I yell.

The door slowly starts to open, ignoring it at first and dipping my fingers in the bath to be sure it's nice and warm, but then it hits me, the door's squeaking hasn't stopped causing me to quickly turn around and realize the situation I was in.

"Sara, even if you have a towel on, it doesn't escape the fact that your basically naked." I calmly mention, with my eyes closed.

"Oh come on, I know you want to take a peek." She teases, slowly walking towards me.

"I-I do, but you're my best friend and I have to respect the boundaries." I answer.

"I don't mind it though." She answers.

The brain download of the bathroom layout was complete and in a blindly attempt of running away it fails as I trip and hit my head, getting knocked out and hearing Sara's worry for me.