Chapter 10

It's the long awaited weekend, I have to be grateful for that since a lot has happened. Finally, a peaceful day where I can relax... could relax... the sound of footsteps approach my room, and without knocking, Sara barges in.

"Let's go out today!" She sings in a happy mood.

"I'm sleeping." I mention.

"Were sleeping, now you're awake." She corrects me.

I did promise a chance with her, but it brings mixed emotions. I'm going out with her because what Jess said is serious so I want to show that I'm listening to her and prove her wrong about my love, but at the same time I'm going out with Sara to make her happy.

"J-Jake?" Sara asks.

"Sorry, got lost in thought." I excuse myself.

"Is it hard to accept my... re-request?" She struggles asking.

She's seeing herself more as a friend and less of servant, I can't help but smile.

"Okay, we are going out." I accept.

Sara's face has flushed, it was red but I could understand since all she does is give and give but never have what she wants. Again, all I could do was smile.

"D-Don't look!" She begs, hugging me and planting her face on my chest.

I am so glad, I'm so glad I didn't lose her because without her... I couldn't stand living... honestly.

My answer was a warm hug back, but she asked if we could stay like that for a bit more so we did... until she fell asleep. Guilt crept up whenever I moved since waking up Sara was the least of my intentions, so I read a nearby book. It was nice and calming to read it on my own speed, but Sara started to somewhat struggle, she was having a nightmare. Her breathing had sky rocketed and she gripped my back tightly, digging her nails in a little.

"S-Sara?" I move her a bit, "Sara, wake up!"

She takes a deep breath to wake up, immediately looking at me and following it up with a tight hug, impossible to let loose.

"S-Sara, what happened?" I ask.

"Please... don't leave me, don't die." She oddly mentions.

"I died... Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere." I hug her, "Now, when you calm down are you willing to head out?" I smile.

She looks up at me wiping the tears that almost fell and answers.

"Of course."

——————

An hour later we head out to the nearest mall with help of a cab, we were dressed neatly but what worried me the most was encountering Ellie, she wasn't happy with both of us... but Sara changed... but at the same time Ellie isn't easy to convince.

Sara looked at me as I once again got lost in thoughts. I used the cab's back passenger window's reflection to notice her struggling as she looked at my hand. A slight move of my arm caused her to flinch back in position. Instead of me looking through the window, it was her. The logical thing to do was to hold her hand, and I was going through with that, but I don't have an emotional interest on her, so wouldn't I instead hurt her?

"I planned on staying hidden throughout your date but it looks like you're having a struggle." Little Jake appears.

"J-" I stop since it would be weird for me to talk alone in other people's eyes.

"Jess didn't give you a relationship Raincheck for you to spend time with Sara for the hell of it, Jess wants you to find out why you should fall in love with Sara, if not then Jess would have never come up with this and keep you for herself instead." Little me explains.