Chapter 9

It was the next day, the morning sun had risen, the sunlights didn't properly shine my room since the curtains blocked it, taking me a bit of time to wake up. I had forgotten Sara was with me for the night, until she slightly moved. I move carefully as if I escaped a sleeping tiger's grasp. Successfully off the bed I head to the kitchen to start making breakfast, wanted to treat Sara with an already done meal in the morning. After taking all the ingredients for basic fried eggs, I realize a small glass container with already fried egg and ham. After a sigh and a look at the clock I realized we were 10 minutes late. My eyes widen as I ran towards the room, but then started to slow down.

"I dont have to go... I can instead visit Jess at the hospital and-" I explain myself.

Thumps were headed my way and the door slams open. My uniform flies out of the room towards me and then hear.

"Get ready cuz we're going to schooool." Sara sung.

She skips past me.

"I'll be waiting." She smiles.

I felt my chest pressured by a weird feeling I couldn't understand. It was her hidden smile. Just realized her red patches under her eyes too.

"Sar-" I try asking, but she closes the entrance door.

"Go and get changed, we'll be late..!" She lets me know.

There was something definitely going on... but I wont be able to know... yet.

We took our morning clases and went to clubroom afterwards... it didn't go well. Ellie knew about the situation Jess was put through because of Sara. They stared each other down.

"Ellie... this was my fault... I wasn't paying attention to Sara's actions and feelings, I could have done a better job but..." I apologize.

I look towards Ellie and her mind was not changed.

"You're telling me Sara is a dog on a loose leash you need your eye on most of the time?!" She yells. "Like I get that your her master blah blah, but it doesn't mean you have to keep an eye for what she does, she's about to graduate damn it!"

"But..." I try answering.

"I'm not done!" She continues, "Sara, grow the hell up. Really..? You almost killed your best friend's friend just because you wanted to keep him for yourself?"

Rage slowly grew in Sara.

"You spend 90% of your time around him and you are jealous because he's finding happiness with another girl?" Ellie makes a valid point, "Like I said before, you're about to become an adult and you are acting up a storm for your own happiness because once you look back to Jake, he is dying of sadness from your horrible actions."

"What do you know about my intentions?!" Sara yells, "Do you know Jake long enough? Do you know his darkest fears? His brightest joy..? No... he's so clumsy and weak hearted and always gets in trouble making me cover for him... I was so scared..."

She starts tearing up.

"Once he joined the club, I could see him getting further and further away from me. He was moving on from his lonely life with me, I missed those times." She explains. "It was..."

"Stop making excuses..." Ellie answers back.

Sara's eyes widen and cries more than before.

"Ellie, why do you have to be this way?!" I get mad.

Ellie gives me a cold hearted stare and proceeds to leave and slam the door shut.
I quickly head towards Sara and hugs her tightly as she continues crying.